Power Trading(electricity market)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ggoyal, Dec 31, 2007.

1. TGM

TGM

I was recruited a few years back by a power trading company in Canada that had an operation in the mid-west.

they had the idea that because I could trade Natural Gas----I could do well in power. Trading PJM?? (I think)

LOL

I did not take them up on their offer -----but I did walk their trading floor (they eventually sold to Duke energy or something like that)---pretty interesting. And they were watching the Nat Gas futures. They were trading on ICE---and everything was hourly ---pretty wild. Power is delivered on the hour and so ---it does some crazy shite. (according to the charts I saw---this was 2001 so maybe some things are different???)

#31     Jan 3, 2008
  2. ggoyal

ggoyal

yes it settles an LMP each hour. but prices change every 5 mintues(nepool). so the hourly price is a simple average of twelve 5 minute samples.i think pjm and miso are the same. bids are submitted day before trading day. like a next day contract sort of thing.

#32     Jan 3, 2008
  3. You shouldn't be. Water is on the road toward deregulation.

#33     Jan 3, 2008

4. Yeah - that's why trading through us was commission-free: we got you in the spreads.

Crazy times.....

#34     Jan 3, 2008
  5. ggoyal

ggoyal

anybody else?

#35     Jan 3, 2008
  6. monty09

monty09

i settle miso,caiso,nyiso and a few others....no trading yet....

i am based in houston

#36     Jan 5, 2008
  7. ggoyal

ggoyal

this has been tremendous guys. We ave found some brilliant traders who trade pjm and miso virtuals and trade on ICE. anyone else interested, doors are still open for anyone who knows how this game is played.

#37     Jan 5, 2008
  8. congoboy

congoboy

I can trade and turn you mere millionaires into multibillionaires

#38     Jan 19, 2008
  9. congoboy

congoboy

why can not you give me a chance to trade? i really am good, and I am a quick learner. I would love trade power

#39     Jan 21, 2008
  10. ggoyal

ggoyal

Anyone else out there with something interesting? We got what we wanted, and are looking for more. We have shifted to a new office too.
    If someone does have something to offer, we are willing to talk. I know some people from my old company who I really like and will probably offer them something around June(if not then, after summer).

But in the mean time, I am all ears.

Don't PM me asking to fund a 50k account so you can day trade stocks or options. Power traders and engineers only.

#40     Mar 9, 2008