Power Outage

Discussion in 'Trading' started by vanilla2, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Could this all be associated with the planet Mars? Mars travels the closest to the earth in something like 50,000 years. On Aug. 27, Mars will be at its closest to the Earth.

Maybe there really is something to the magnetic and radiational pulls of planets on one another!!

read.. Arch Crawford's newsletters, he will fully explain planetary relationships.

#21     Aug 14, 2003
  2. Now its the East Coast's turn for power outages . . .
    Niagra Power Grid got OVERLOADED.

Glad I'm not trapped in the NYC subway today!!!

#22     Aug 14, 2003
  3. H2O

H2O

I can ping IB's servers and I do get an answer but their site is down, so is TWS

Glad I have no positions

#23     Aug 14, 2003
  4. this is an excellent time for thieves and bandits. watch them come out of the woodwork...

#24     Aug 14, 2003
  5. Why doesn't IB have a generator/failsafe system?

Bloomberg sounds pretty cool about things.

#25     Aug 14, 2003
  6. :D

-FastTrader

P.S. Good thing I'm not holding any positions

#26     Aug 14, 2003
  7. just21

just21

IB need another server in Chicago and a way to switch in the program. Anybody connected via Switzerlandor Hong Kong? What products can you trade via the other servers?

#27     Aug 14, 2003
  8. corvus

corvus

I heard about this on ET before it was posted on CNN.com! Nuts!

#28     Aug 14, 2003
  9. Def,

Can you comment on IB's redundancy/backup capabilities?

I will be very interested to know which globex brokers retained connectivity and functionality. Can anyone comment?

#29     Aug 14, 2003
  10. skim

skim

You can trade them all, no matter which server you are on. The only difference is the routing your order takes. I understand that if you are in the UK using the Swiss server your order goes to Switzerland, then to New York, then back to Switzerland, then to you in the UK.

#30     Aug 14, 2003