powell tells it like it is

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MondoTrader, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Tampa - you expose your ignorance

You look for any argument that keeps our troops out of Iraq.

"If the CIA has knowledge of the location of such WMD, than we should immediately bomb such locations - and I assure you we would. But we haven't, because we do not have such information."

We are not going to Bomb WMD dumps, we are going to find them and dispose of them once on the Ground in IRAQ.

Thats the only way it will happen.

The bombing will be centered on Saddam and what his communications with his troops.

Isolate and make them surrender.

#51     Feb 10, 2003
  2. tampa

tampa

Iraq is a nation surrounded by enemies - including one that has used chemical weapons on THEM. It would not surprise me if they did indeed have such weapons - we do, so does Briton.

Iraq's neighbors - Turkey and Iran are numerically much larger - such hideous weapons would be Iraq's only chance in the event of a mass invasion. They might also serve as a deferent from invasion from a vastly superior country, such as America.

Does Iraq have weapons of mass destruction? Probably - countless nations do. While there well be evidence that they have such arms, there is no evidence that they have them to use against us - aside from George Bush's embarrassing musings that they could launch short range planes from boats off our shore.

#52     Feb 10, 2003
  3. tampa

tampa

I am confussed. In one post you tell me that the CIA knows where they (WMD) are located, but won't tell the UN. In another post you tell me that we need troops on the ground to find them. Am I to assume that the CIA won't tell our armed forces where they are located either?

And you have the balls to call me ignorant! OK, whatever...

#53     Feb 10, 2003
  4. ROFL! Excellent point Tampa... these idiotic war mongers not only lack credibility, but they are totally confused.... :D

#54     Feb 10, 2003
  5. Let me make this simple for you.

We are not going to provide specific target information to the UN, Powells presentation was the limit of proof that we will give.

I'm sure you aware that the UN Inspection Team is not reliable, and may have people within the team helping IRAQ.

We are going to find all kinds of barred Weapons - When we have our own troops on the ground to secure them.

In about 2 to 3 weeks, the End Game is coming.

IS this too difficult for you to understand.

A question for you TAMPA - would you stake your life on the assumption that IRAQ does not have any WMD?

#55     Feb 10, 2003
  6. Typical PeaceNik CRAP

Candle sez " illegal unilateral action"

Candle if IRAQ has been in violation of the CEASE FIRE since 1991, its not UNILATERAL.

Its not UNILATERAL with 10 European Allies on board the coalition.

So take the uninformed catch words somewhere else.

#56     Feb 10, 2003
  7. tampa

tampa

First of all, you got caught making things up - saying two different things - plain and simple, end of story. Your arguments are comprised of what you want to be true - they are not based on known fact. You have no idea of what the CIA knows, or doesn't know - and that's a fact.

As for your stupid question, I will answer it.

I have no fear of dying at the hands of the Iraqi Mad Man, and his alleged WMD. If and when he transfers such weapons in sufficient amounts to truly threaten me, I have enough confidence in my Government to know about it, and to take the appropriate action to protect me.

You, on the other hand, are simply itching for a good fight - a fight that you do not have to take part in, but can sit back in the comfort of your home and watch on television. You have no rational expectation of dying as a direct or indirect result of Iraq's weapons - at least one sufficient to warrant the death of hundreds of thousands of other human beings, and the destruction of a nation eight thousand miles away.

#57     Feb 10, 2003
  8. Not afraid to fight, in fact I would rather be called up, and go.

AND quit with 100s of thousands of casualties.

100s of thousands is Not going to happen.

For Casualties you would have to have an opponent with the Will to fight.

The Iraqi's are not dumb, they'll surrender as soon as Saddam looses communication with the outlying troop concentrations.

100s maybe on the IRAQI side.

But the 100s will be the ones not smart enough to distance themselves from their tanks and military equipment.

#58     Feb 10, 2003
  9. so the US is not cooperating with the unreliable UN while preparing to bomb Iraq for not cooperating with the unreliable UN?

#59     Feb 10, 2003
  10. You and Tampa are OBSESSED with Bombing.

Will you be disappointed if the Bombing is only Military Targets?

Will you be disappointed if their are not 100s of thousands killed?

I think you two are going to be disappointed.

#60     Feb 10, 2003