powell tells it like it is

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MondoTrader, Feb 5, 2003.

1. tampa

tampa

Funny that there was not so much as a hint of Iraq's "involvement" in terrorism until Powell mentioned it at the UN - prior to that it was always that they "might" help them - interesting, don't you think?

BTW - two of the three you mentioned as the best team possible, have no military experience.

And one more thing - you mentioned your service in a war where the government lied to Congress to get the authorization to fight it, and lied every single day we were there as to how well we were doing - even down to grossly exaggerating so-called body counts. The lies were told by Democratic and Republican administrations. In fact if I am not mistaken, the third member of your war dream team climbed the ranks in that very same war.

And here's one for you to think over. There is a nation that has a large and active terrorist population - fact. Terrorists from this community have taken part in attacks on America - fact. The terrorist "nest" is alive and thriving as we speak - fact. The terrorist community in this nation harbors a Mosque that actively recruits and supports terrorists - the Mosque operates to this day - fact.

You want to take them out? Turn left at France, and head north.

#31     Feb 9, 2003
  2. tampa

tampa

Can you name any nation that has messed with us in the last 60 years?

I didn't think you could...so your argument ain't too strong...got any others?

#32     Feb 9, 2003
  3. Well, there was the tiny matter of Iraq over a decade ago, but I assume that doesn't meet your definition of "messed." And correct me if I'm wrong here Tampa, but 60 years ago we were fighting Japan, Germany, and Italy, and some 50 years ago we were duking it out with China, and N. Korea. Speaking of weak arguments, sounds like you need a basic review of 5th grade history lessons...

And Tampa, please illuminate what you feel the US should be doing, if anything. And please be original, something other than just wishing bad people would leave us alone.

#33     Feb 9, 2003
  4. tampa

tampa

I hope you haven't thrown out your 5th grade history book, you need to review it - boy do you need to review it.

The Second World War started more then 60 years ago - that's why I used that figure.

North Korea did not mess with the US - we went to a lot of trouble to mess with them, and keep them from reuniting the nation divided by foreigners. The exact same story in Viet Nam - no one was messing with us. No one was messing with us in Kuwait - a "nation" by the way that the British ripped off from Iraq as the exited the Middle East where there meddling caused many of the problems we face today.

Now I appreciate that many of these facts are beyond a 5th grade history book, so I will assume that you actually did not go past that point in your educational career.

#34     Feb 9, 2003
  5. An ambassador convinced against his will, is an unconvinced ambassador still.

#35     Feb 10, 2003
  6. Laughable, totally laughable!

To begin with, boy genius, get upset if you want to since you didn't specify "messed with us" had a start/end date....

Furthermore, as far as us going through a lot of trouble to mess with N. Korea, that's pathetic. By your reasoning every time we have taken action overseas it's a case of us "messing" with somebody, never mind the reasons behind it. So we messed with Iraq after they invaded Kuwait, huh? Terrible. We should have just let Saddam take over that country and then spread his grubby little fingers through the rest of the region. Would that have made you happy? And I suppose we messed with Hitler, Tojo, and Mussolini too - shame on us. The world would definitely be a better place if we hadn't gotten messed up in that one!

Your entire isolationist argument is, let's be honest, a mess.

So hey, proud grade-school graduate, how about not evading the question I posed and answer what you think the US should be doing, other than not "messing" with anyone.

p.s. Your Eurobabble echoing wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that you're living in southern France now, would it?

#36     Feb 10, 2003
  7. Uh-oh. Every single soldier that got promoted during the Vietnam War is a liar like Powell! Don't MESS with tampa!

ROFL
    :D :D :D

#37     Feb 10, 2003
  8. tampa

tampa

You, my fine young man, are too good to be true. You suffer from a common malady - the overwhelming desire to make the facts fit your preconceived conclusion.

The proof is in the pudding - your last sentence gives you away. Unable to comprehend how I might disagree with you, and unwilling to consider any argument I presented, you set out to find a reason that might explain our differences. Like any good ET member, you turned to the member profile section. There before your very eyes, you struck gold - "Location: Southern France" I cannot imagine what joy that "fact" must have brought to you! So much joy that you failed to consider that all of the entries in my "profile" are absurd. As an example, I listed finger printing as my main interest in life.

In your lust to make the "facts" fit your conclusion, you overlooked (denied) the the body of evidence, and extracted the one thing that could make your case - Location: Southern France.

You immediately accepted it as a fact, and with no real knowledge of the true facts, you proclaimed it to be so - all the while ignoring the other profile entries, and addressing me as "tampa".

Your need to make things appear as you want them to be has been demonstrated in all of your posts concerning our inevitable misadventure into Iraq, but never more clearly than in your last posting. You are an individual who simply does not take the time to think for himself - thank you for proving that with your foolish proclamation of the "fact" that I reside in Southern France.

The real fact is that I reside at 6408 West Granada Street, in Tampa Florida, and have never set foot off of American soil in my entire life.

#38     Feb 10, 2003
  9. Tampa you are really PRO SADDAM and OSMA aren't you.

You really believe this - TAMPA sez "there was not so much as a hint of Iraq's "involvement" "

I think you could apply for fifth column duty with Osama and Saddam.

#39     Feb 10, 2003
  10. tampa

tampa

No, I am Pro-American. It wasn't I who said that there was no terrorist connection, it was the CIA. The first publicly declared "connection" came from Powell in his UN speech - a "connection" that is at best weak.

Your absurd charge that I am pro-Saddam, pro-Osma is offensive. This is not a game. It is deadly serious business. I am sure that the Administration is proud to have you as a staunch supporter - an individual who attempts to silence decent with charges amounting to disloyalty that have no basis in fact, but amount to empty rhetoric.

You have not only offended me, but displayed your immature ignorance and understanding of what is about to happen.

#40     Feb 10, 2003