Pound Could Collapse Within Weeks, Predicts Billionaire Financier Jim Rogers

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by WallStWhizKid, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Yeah, Wow. And the pound does seem to be falling!

#51     Feb 27, 2010
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Perhaps the UK could seek aid from Libya. The good Colonel al-Gaddafi could suppy financial aid, food aid (bags of dates) and a camel for every british subject. Or maybe Pakistan could supply some aid to the poor brits. India would undoubtedly be generous towards its old imperial friend.

#52     Feb 27, 2010
  3. yes, but where can you get yuan savings here? it's not a floating currency.

#53     Feb 27, 2010
  4. Lethn

Lethn

I'd guess even india would be an option actually since they've got a ton of raw materials and the like. There is a lot of uncertainty now though I agree and we just don't know where the tremours of the U.S collapse is going to be felt.

#54     Feb 27, 2010
  5. Lethn

Lethn

Are you kidding me?!

The dollar has NO value! You are barely producing anything! The majority of your industries has been taken overseas to places like india and your currency is built on stocks, credit and debt! That is not real value!

Go and do some damn research and stop believing the propaganda. Why else do you think that you are in trillions of dollars of debt and your banks are printing money to try and inflate their way out of the recession?

#55     Feb 27, 2010
  6. #56     Feb 27, 2010
  7. Barely producing anything? The US is the #1 manufacturing nation on the planet, representing ~24% of global manufacturing output. More than twice as much as China and 10% ahead of Japan. Get your facts straight.

If you are so certain the USD is doomed with your ridiculous line of argumentation (stocks, credit, debt) then certainly you will agree the GBP is just as worthless.

#57     Feb 27, 2010
  8. Lethn

Lethn

lol I'm not even going to bother, you should actually take a look at how your banking system really works instead of pretending I'm crazy just because you don't like the idea.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/10/china-becomes-worlds-bigg_n_417848.html

You people are living with your heads in the sand, stop pretending this is the boom and try getting some facts to back up what you say otherwise don't go claiming they're facts!

#58     Feb 27, 2010
  9. Original: Jim Rogers says he is looking forward to speaking in London on the March 19, 2010, and sharing his views on currencies, commodities and the global markets: "I have always had a great time speaking at Vinces's events. "

Translation: "Jim Rogers says he thinks Vince is a complete moron and scammer, but after brief thought has no problem accepting the paychecks Vince sends him for appearing and speaking on his ridiculous investing events marketed to naive retail investors".

Obviously the "event" didn't sell enough tickets (@ 2300 GBP a piece) so far so good ole' vince used some guerilla marketing tactics to get the word out.

#59     Feb 27, 2010
  10. You realize there's a profound difference between "they don't produce anything" and "they don't export anything"? Not the same, get it?

#60     Feb 27, 2010