Pound Could Collapse Within Weeks, Predicts Billionaire Financier Jim Rogers

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by WallStWhizKid, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Bingo.

#41     Feb 26, 2010
  2. Lethn

Lethn

The USD really is going to collapse at this rate, the difference between America and the UK is that the UK doesn't have a huge central bank controlling the government and ready to try and print massive amounts of notes to try and save itself regardless of what it will do to the economy.

The chance of the U.K recovering is better than the U.S but unfortunately unless we get a party elected who actually has the balls to cut spending then we're going to go the same way.

Personally I'm just hoping they can stave it off for a few more years then they can do whatever the hell they like while I sit on a low income tax country somewhere.

#42     Feb 26, 2010
  3. Right, the BOE isn't printing money, never purchased any bonds, never lowered rates and the UK government isn't on the hook for half of their banking system. All this never happened!

Keep living in fairy tale land.

#43     Feb 26, 2010
  4. Lethn

Lethn

lol

Actually the BOE for now isn't printing money. We're in a better position than the U.S but I'm under no illusions that we're going to be better off in the long run. Way to be a judgemental and assuming twat.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...policy-as-economy-emerges-from-recession.html

#44     Feb 26, 2010
  5. Rogers denied this statement

#45     Feb 26, 2010
  6. Catalite

Catalite

I don't see a USD collapse in the cards. Currencies are a zero-sum game; they are all measured against each other. Being the U.S. is still the largest economy in the world by far, if we falter here the ripples are still felt worldwide (maybe not in 15 years when China overtakes us...). Even if the world economies fall to pieces, the relative value of the USD will still hold up versus all the other worthless currencies.

#46     Feb 26, 2010
  7. Is this the same bowtie fondler that told you to bail out of dollars at the bottom?

#47     Feb 26, 2010
  8. we just keep getting lucky, dollar is in the shit but compared to euro it looks much better. And the chinese yuan is pretty much fixed, so cant do much over there.

basically imagine 2 sinking ship - the euro and dollar, both are going down, but the euro ship has a much bigger hole and is sinking a lot faster. So for now everyone on the euro ship will be jumping over to the dollar ship, even though it's still sinking.

personally the only place i am reasonably feel peace of mind to put my money is in china, in yuan. Just dont know what will happen to us and europe, it may be a disaster collapse, or it may just be a whimper before the economy picks up, just dont know, so why risk it.

#48     Feb 26, 2010
  9. sumfuka

sumfuka

Who cares if he gets margin calls, I only care about my pocket not his. :p

#49     Feb 27, 2010
  10. A couple years ago 2008 I spent a month touring Europe. Luckily I had accumulated Euros and spent the bulk of them at the peak. The worst was running into Brits who couldn't wait to fill me with crap talk about how f#+ked the US was and how they were golden, blah, blah, blah. I was embarassed for them and their behavior.

So out of spite we should just drive the BOE back into ruin.

Even Soros says the USD will gain strength as crises unfold because it's still a haven. Not so the Pound.

#50     Feb 27, 2010