Potentially the largest trade in all of history is in the making

Discussion in 'Economics' started by FireWalker, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Although I don't recall that website nor the picture of that girl. She isn't jailbait anyhow I don't think. But anyhow, it is possible I would say something like that if I were drunk and bored. But that was 2009 and I haven't used that fogger00@hotmail account in a long time. Actually I haven't used the andrewbb1@yahoo.com account in about as long. Sorry, I haven't updated my online profile in a few years.

#41     Sep 22, 2011
  2. Take a look at silver. Is that fear, manipulation or advertising?

#42     Sep 23, 2011
  3. For rules on how to trade that market see my gold thread:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=207589

For the risk averse and to calculate margin/investment, assume a floor of $0 gold/silver. For those willing to accept some risk and understanding of monetary science, assume a floor of at least $7/$700.

#43     Sep 23, 2011
  4. That's along the right way of thinking, but Promise Language solves that problem.

All transactions are comprised of promises to deliver value. Only living beings can make promises.

http://promiselanguage.blogspot.com/

#44     Sep 23, 2011
  5. There is only one store of value, and that's based on perception mostly moreso than as that store of value.

#45     Sep 23, 2011
  6. Go to a swap meet and exchange a handbag for a purse. Was that a transaction? Was there value delivered?

"store of value" = "sucking up to authority" (usually at gunpoint)

#46     Sep 24, 2011
  7. "store" = "establishment selling goods or services"

"store of value" = "selling bullshit"

#47     Sep 24, 2011
  8. I have a silo of wheat. That's value. I have a gold coin. That's value. WTF do I need a piece of paper for to tell me I am allowed to exchange that coin for the silo?

Grow up people. When will the population stop worshiping boobie and penis shaped buildings?

#48     Sep 24, 2011
  9. Thanks. Trying to. Just wandering around Lakeland, Florida. I usually go to Hooter's for a couple beers, then walk down to the bowling alley. They have a good sound system there. Karaoke is sometimes funny. Interesting mix of people here. Seems more than a few are decent people. Last night I met a couple of Masons, an old school catholic girl, a couple of lesbians, a very attractive girl just out to have fun with her friends (unfortunately she was married), then a fight broke out nearby. Nothing much occurred though. Music was decent.

#50     Sep 24, 2011