Potential Trading opportunity...

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by limitdown, Jun 23, 2005.

1. I know this seems broad, but there is a possiblity of some hiring for traders, primarily equity traders, and without revealing details or otherwise, some of us will be used to screen some respondents.

The idea was to get a trader to screen other potential traders for competency and a fundamental understanding of the economic dynamic as it relates to the mechanical execution of trades, and trades management processes (such as risk assessment, and risk management and account handling).

today, we're looking at a collapse in both index prices (Dow Industrials and Transports) as well as the broad based indexes (S&P as well as the other popular ones too).

Can you (pm or email) me and explain what happened to contribute to these conditions today (Thurs 6/23/5) and perhaps include a CV or Bio?

thanks

2. Ok, your post sets a new standard for dumb posts. You win.

Please let me let you test me, dip stick.

3. What the F**K are you talking about?

4. BOXBOXBOXBOXBOXBOXBOXBOXBOX
    BOX......................................BOX
    BOX........Confirmation Bias.......BOX
    BOXBOXBOXBOXBOXBOXBOXBOXBOX

Anonymous Trading, LLC. Proud to be thinking inside the box.

--------

Just kidding. I know a question is a question and the thought process is what matters..... :eek:

I just found it humorous that you are looking for fundamental (economic) reasoning behind the events of a single day, and that you're asking for them to be on the same side as you...

...I guess you are most likely TAA traders with a heavy reliance on market internals and sentiment indicators...

5. Having someone with so little knowledge about trading interview and screen for potential traders would be extremely insulting to the candidates. It is possible that you have many years of experience in whatever it is that you do. Now imagine someone interviewing you for a very similar position at another firm. Now also imagine that the person asking you questions and judging you has almost zero knowledge or experience with what you do. I would be angry and insulted. You may want to hire some type of consultant.

6. NKNY

NKNY

Actually the interview is worthless....

Since two traders never think the same... One may interpert things as bullish and another bearish. And the funny thing is they could both lose money...:eek:

7. interesting comments.....

just to clarify,

1) whether a trader thinks alike or not, its being able to explain how or why they might take a position based on the current trends in the marketplace, and not be befuddled in explaining such.

2) interview being worthless is subjective to those who just might be looking or considering change. Curiosity dictates whether or not respondents actually apply, so that is not really open to public discussion.

Glad you feel its not worth your time, that seems mutual too

3) using the current events as a basis of discussion is far better than just talking about generalities or academic concepts that usually do not translate into profitable trades or traders. Using recent events allows for both parties to review actual data relevant to the answers provided instead of just speculating; this process is designed to limit the risk of choosing one candidate over another.

Perhaps we need to adjust this somewhat. Thanks for the sarchasm guys

So far, the above comments express rustration with these simple traders quetions that are used on interviews. I have found that the process to filter respondents usually goes through a headhunter firm, and these are the same "seemingly irrelevant" questions that they use to screen those whom they eventually present to the hiring client.

Taking a positive attitude towards a potential opportunity, if its in your interest usually results in a positive response.

8. How a question is framed implies something about how it will be interpreted. It is different to ask someone to argue a specific way than to simly make an argument. Potential candidates may be unwilling to apply if they do not feel they will be evaluated fairly, especially given that you require (probably several hours) of research before they may form a proper response to your question.

Research suggests that you get more interest if you give more information. You've asked for equity traders, but probably confused most people since you don't say what frequency the trading will be, and you've also suggested that administrative skills would be useful (account handling).

What exactly are you looking for from an applicant?
    What kind of institution do you represent?
    What compensation structure is offered?
    What will be the duties for successful applicants?

Morgan

9. Frankly, I saw a post in the archives from three years ago that might have been dumber than 'limit down's post to start this thread. It was by a Gordon Gekko and I think it might have to qualify as the dumbest. Limit Down is certainly in there, and at least Mr. Gekko amuses, humm, this will warrant more research as to just who is the dumbest bell of all time.

On reflection I am most honoured to report, Limit Down believes his pronouncements, whereas Gekko is doesn't believe much of what he writes. Yes, limit down is the dumbest.

10. Hmmmmm, personal attacks. Clearly this isn't something for you.

Hmmmm, just 6 posts to date, clearly you're someone else on these boards and chose to use a new handle....

Of the many respondents, a number will be followed up on and clearly understood the simple request to:

1) post their resume against a possible new opportunity

2) show that they understood either the economics of market trading or handing risk and proper money management

3) that they offered something to work with, instead of the contempt displayed by these childish comments of dumb and dumber or whatever.....

Withdrawn...

Thread closed....

#10     Jun 26, 2005