Potential NQ Targets

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by dbphoenix, Sep 29, 2014.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

upload_2014-9-29_9-8-7.png

2. k p

k p

Amazing how we just bounced off 3998 right now for a minor pause. I guess we just have to wait and see what traders do.

If I draw a DL (in my head) from the low at 3400 and connect with that low at the mean of about 3850, I can picture how the DL would have broken and there would have already been a retracement in there for a short! I guess we have to wait and see if traders can push it down past 3998 that seems to be getting quite protected now, but we still have failure to make a higher high.

3. tupapa

tupapa

Minor pause? it corrected the entire previous downswing, time to look for longs at support

4. k p

k p

Tell me about it. That was written before the open when I unfortunately had a very strong short bias which caused me to not see the long and 50 point move up! Training the eyes and mind to work together is hard work.

5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

The long using a 1m was at 1000.

6. k p

k p

Hmmm.. I'm having a hard time seeing why the long here. I assume you mean 10:00 ET, which for my attached chart would be at 0901 where I have a green up arrow indicated, but I don't see why a long here if I am understanding what you are saying correctly.

7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

8. k p

k p

I guess I just don't see any line breaks in this area here... and the last thing I want to be doing is drawing super tight lines. I'll ask Emini... he seems to be doing really well! :)

9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

It's not a question of super-tight lines. But all of you have ventured far from the original plan, and no purpose would be served by beginning again. Understanding this inductively might be of greater benefit.

10. k p

k p

Yup, I can't argue with this. Something happened from when the plan was in place to where live trading started, and then the money aspect allowed fear to take over, thereby preventing one from taking proper trades that he should even after some losses.

#10     Sep 29, 2014