Potassium Iodide pills sold out all over USA!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Grandluxe, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Anti-radiation drugs sell out in U.S. pharmacies as terrified Americans fear Japan nuclear fallout will reach West Coast

By Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 8:21 PM on 15th March 2011

Nukepills.com sells 250,000 potassium iodide pills

Anbex gets three orders a MINUTE instead of per week

People missing out on tablets are 'crying' and 'terrified'

Fears radiation from Japan will reach U.S. West Coast

Worried Americans are panic-buying drugs to protect themselves against the nuclear fallout in Japan, as fears grow of harmful radiation blowing across to the West Coast.

Stocks of potassium iodide tablets, which aim to stop radiation poisoning the thyroid gland, are running low and customers missing out are said to be ‘crying’ or ‘terrified’.

Scientists have warned of a 'worst-case scenario' in which material blasted into the atmosphere after a Fukushima plant ‘meltdown’ could be blown towards the U.S.

Anbex quickly sold out of a 10,000-strong supply of 14-tablet packages on Saturday.

Company president Alan Morris said the firm was getting three orders per minute for the $10 Iosat packages - compared to the normal rate of as low as three per week.

‘Those who don't get it are crying,’ he told the Wall Street Journal. ‘They're terrified.’

http://www.dail*****.co.uk/news/art...s-soar-U-S-tries-protect-radiation-fears.html

http://tinyurl.com/66tdoeg

2. ashatet

ashatet

Americans are overly cuddled, and their biggest worry for the past many decades has been what their celebrities will wear for Oscars. Time to face the reality will come sooner or later. If the radiation hits the west coast, I wonder what will happen to Japan and South East Asia.

3. Hype.

Just for the record, I'm on the west coast and don't see anyone panic buying anything - not saying noone is ordering online, but this kind of reporting brings images of mile long lines at drug stores, but it's not happening.

4. My family members are all in So Cal, I am not worried for them, yet. I have some expired pills from when there was fear mongering after 911 about a dirty bomb in LA harbor but I don't know that they would even work. Label says exp 2005?

5. There's no need to line up when it's all been sold out!

6. Wow, you were back on here fast - just waiting to respond I guess.

OK, lets put it this way - there was no one asking anyone anywhere if they have some available and if not, where could they get it, OK?

Is that simple enough for you to understand? There is NO panic situation whatsoever.

JJacksET4

7. Pekelo

Pekelo

I think the OP is a fearmonger idiot, but I looked up the situation anyway. Online sites are out of the product, at Amazon price gouging is going on when the $10 product goes for $250. I guess supply and demand in pure capitalism...

Supposedly you can still order cheaply directly from the manufacturer Anbex, if you really want to...

Extra info:

"Iosat currently can be purchased directly from its sole manufacturer - the company is ANBEX.

Be careful who you blame for price gouging (which some are clearly guilty of). In this case, it is BP Medical Supply that is offering to sell these tablets for $99.00.

The actual manufacturer of Iosat Potassium Iodide tablets is Anbex. They are currently selling the tablets on-line for $10.00 per 14 tablets (two week supply for one adult) and still have them in stock as of Monday 14 MAR 11.

Iosat brand tablets ARE THE ONLY CURRENTLY FDA and CDC APPROVED tablets to block radioactive iodine, I-131. Thyro Shield is the only currently FDA approved liquid radioactive iodine blocker."

8. ajcrshr

ajcrshr

Notice: As of March 14, 2011, Anbex is out of stock of IOSAT(tm). New product is expected by April 18, 2011.

http://www.anbex.com/

9. I have had mine since day one of nuke plant reported problems. I started posting here at ET for everyone to go get the pills knowing exactly what would happen if things escalated in Japan.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=216886

......and here we are. :eek:

10. Bob111

Bob111

wtf..i guess some of Americans are watching waaay to much american idol or Jersey Shore.......if you are terrified-jump in da car and drive to the other coast!
    did they seriously believe that this fucking "cloud" can reach USA?
    this "blast" is fucking pathetic puke compared to let's say what US did to Japan at the end of WW2

the internet is still free..check what the people of japan are saying on the other side of the island...there is nothing is going on..nothing at all..people go to work,gym,lunch..whatever..huge media hype as usual...aahhh we are all gonna die..nuclear fallout!..hey...what about swine flu? or bird flu? we are suppose to be dead like x5 times already from this pandemic shit..anthrax...i still remember this one...

#10     Mar 15, 2011