Potash Stocks

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by cgtrader, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Lets keep our eyes peeled for Intrepid Potash IPO on the Nasdaq.

Intrepid Mining LLC has become the largest producer of potash (potassium chloride) in the United States. In addition, it produces three valuable byproducts: Solar Salt, Magnesium Chloride brine and Sulfate of Potash Magnesia.

Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Intrepid Mining LLC has two production facilities in Utah and three in New Mexico. These subsidiaries are named: Intrepid Potash Moab, Intrepid Potash Wendover, and Intrepid Potash New Mexico. These companies collectively employ approximately 650 people, have gross revenues of approximately $250 million and pay significant royalties to the BLM and both the States of New Mexico and Utah.

#11     Jan 4, 2008
  2. good info, thanks - nice for a quick play.

#12     Jan 4, 2008
  3. Add MGO-TSX

#13     Jan 7, 2008
  4. I think with POT hitting new highs everyday it is about time to eat your words on this one.

#14     Apr 15, 2008
  5. Time to stalk this one. I'm looking for a reversal.

#15     Apr 15, 2008
  6. Crappy Yield, high P/E huge popup, I would not touch that with a 10 foot pole. Much better values out there.

#16     Apr 15, 2008
  7. gobar

gobar

bought calls @ the open and made some decent money on pot..

POTASH is going googlester..

#17     Apr 16, 2008
  8. aresky

aresky

"As food prices rise, fertilizer producer Mosaic Co. is cashing in. And despite the massive runup in its shares, they actually look underpriced.

Indeed, Mosaic's earnings are growing so rapidly that the stock looks underpriced despite the massive run-up. Its forward P/E--the ratio of Mosaic's stock price to next four quarters of projected earnings per share--now stands at 14. That's a shade lower than the forward P/E of the S&P 500 (whose collective earnings are projected to be up only 7%, vs. 160% for MOS). It also represents a discount to ag-sector peers Syngenta (SYT) (18 P/E), Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan (POT) (18), and Monsanto (MON, Fortune 500) (30)."

http://money.cnn.com/2008/04/28/news/companies/mosaic.fortune/

#18     May 1, 2008
  9. Pachoo

Pachoo

I went short POT this morning.

#19     May 1, 2008
  10. these are still great stocks

#20     May 1, 2008