Potash Corp. rejects $130-share bid from BHP

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ttowntrader, Aug 17, 2010.

1. LOL, this is another Yahoo rejecting a much more than fair take over bid, and we know what happened, the greedy shareholders will all be pissed off 6 months from now when POT is trading at $90 suing POT management because they were not given the opportunity to vote on the bid as required by law. Think I'll buy puts on this, gooduck!

#21     Aug 20, 2010
  2. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

I hope your posts stay on this forum so we can all laugh about them in the future. I can tell you know absolutely nothing about POT at all, and the idea that you want to buy Puts on this is ridiculous. Good luck with that premium.

Ok, so you think shareholders of POT are idiots, would that be the ones that bought for $90 Cdn and can now sell for $150 Cdn ? Or would that be the ones who bought at the top of market at $240 Cdn who you say should bail at $150 just when they have some hope of recouping more of their investment ?. Or do you mean the long term investors in POT that made an immense profit on their investment ?

Please give us even one financial indicator that POT is a bad investment at current day prices, remembering that they exist in a GROWTH industry with OLIGOPOLY characteristics.

#22     Aug 21, 2010
  3. That's not very nice.

#23     Aug 22, 2010
  4. POT is absolutely nothing like Yahoo. The fundamentals and growth prospects are very strong.....Yahoo....not so much.

#24     Aug 23, 2010
  5. arickwon

arickwon

Will BHP take out 40 bill of debt now to purchase POT? And if POT wants 170 then they need to use debt and stocks worth 50 bill. Can BHP afford to do that?

#25     Aug 23, 2010

6. Sounds like a good time to short POT

#26     Aug 23, 2010
  7. Shorting this is easy money, no deal will happen and shareholders will keep selling but wont go below 130 for a few months while the offer is on the table.

#27     Aug 23, 2010
  8. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Ok its $150.20 US a share we'll note your short call and see how you do. At what price will you cover your short ?

#28     Aug 23, 2010
  9. I see it as too early to short, maybe in a couple of months. But I will post this trade for now: Buy POT Jan 2011 145.00 put @ $6.45

----------------
    ForexForex the Trading Guru

#29     Aug 23, 2010
  10. So when you said it's a good time to short POT, you really meant it's not a good time to short POT? :p

#30     Aug 24, 2010