POT and MOS investors getting killed !

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by NY_HOOD, Oct 2, 2008.

1. I have always thought this was a mania. WTF fertilizers ?
    Get real ! The growth was supposed to come from pricing power and shortages. What a joke ! The very kind of argument that should make you run away. That said the reversal has been very nasty and I feel the pain of those who bought the dip or saw all their gains evaporate with almost no time to react and get out with limited damage . This market is fierce. We are paying the piper for years of excessive speculation.

#41     Oct 6, 2008
  2. You would have if you had looked at intermarket relations such as the USD. It was clear that Bernanke was going to burst the bubble. Been saying this since EUR/USD broke 1.4.

#42     Oct 6, 2008
  3. People should short Monsanto.

Lets drive this puppy into the ground.

#43     Oct 6, 2008
  4. i bought 20k mos between $32- $34 today. this has been the most ridiculous selloff i've ever seen. a fuckin 2 p/e

#44     Oct 6, 2008
  5. GGSAE

GGSAE

So Bernanke is responsible for the commodity sell-off? You're such a clown...didn't you also say p/es don't mean anything, haha.

#45     Oct 6, 2008
  6. just heard from a friend at a small hedge fund. his firm is risking it's neck shorting the fertilizers. are many hedgefunds doing the same? He says he's been shorting POT since 190's. and still shorting. wow. I asked how many shares, he said 'tons'.

#46     Oct 7, 2008
  7. P A R A B O L I C up

P A R A B O L I C down

If you are actually trying to make a living then you should now at least what you are looking at. I decided to stay closer to home and shafted a German ( Bloomberg: SDF a.k.a K+S) instead. :)

P.S. must admit l got burnt a few times (x4) with the solars

#47     Oct 7, 2008
  8. If MOS hadn't reported excess inventory the stock would be much higher. They disclosed too much in the earnings report. All they needed to do was give the numbers and raise guidance. They screwed up and investors have to pay for it.

#48     Oct 7, 2008
  9. Wait - weren't you screaming from the rooftops to buy Potash and Mosaic (and even Agrium)?

I'd respect you at least a little if you ever could admit you were just wrong rather than trying to construct twisted and contorted excuses for your fantastically bad calls.

#49     Oct 7, 2008
  10. POT bounced on 10/6 at $76.86. Close enough.

#50     Oct 9, 2008