Posting System Results - WHY!

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by twalker, Jun 5, 2005.

1. What if there's a recurrent ever CHANGING market structure that defies consistent forward profits based on back tested results?

As in, the market will TRY to do what is has to to make 'you' lose. Now it can't make everyone lose at once, so you might actually win, but the next time it's your turn and yes, YOU lose.

Just a pleasent thought.

#11     Jun 13, 2005
  2. MAD10

MAD10

What if there's a recurrent ever CHANGING market structure that defies consistent forward profits based on back tested results?

As in, the market will TRY to do what is has to to make 'you' lose. Now it can't make everyone lose at once, so you might actually win, but the next time it's your turn and yes, YOU lose.

Wouldn't that be a stationary market structure then?:p

#12     Jun 28, 2005
  3. twalker

twalker

I am not sweeping away the idea of backtesting. I use that extensively. It is more the posting of results on the board that just seems pointless and naive, that is what I was ranting about.
    I have used backtesting methodologies to develop systems for many years. I think discussion of methodology is far more valuable than people posting results that I could get by optimization of an MA.

#13     Jun 29, 2005