Postcards From A Furious China

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PHOENIX TRADING, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Wow, checkout the pics from this territory dispute.

I know next to nothing about (this particular dispute) it but does seem that worldwide the economic collapse is having an effect upon people.

2. How come rioting is allowed in China? I thought it is a brutal dictatorship?

3. From what I understand is they are fighting over uninhabited islands.

But I guess there is some oil or something under those islands. Rioters are idiots though. Doesnt matter who controls the islands, everyone rioting, their life will not be affected 1 bit by whether or not china controls the islands.

4. Oil, but how much I have no idea.

5. Looks like the taiwanese also joined in. Maybe they will join forces with the Chinese navy to evict the Japs?!

Taiwan vessels head to Diaoyu Islands to conduct fishing patrol drills
    2012-9-13 14:39:23

Taiwan's Coast Guard Administration on Thursday sent two ships "Lienchiang" and "Hualien" to waters around the Diaoyu Islands to conduct fishing patrol drills and carry out duty transfer skills.

Taiwan's president has warned Japan over territorial claims made by his Japanese counterpart on a set of Islands in the East China Sea.

The ownership of the Senkaku islands, known as Diaoyu in Chinese, is also subject to claims from Beijing.

Taiwan’s president Ma Ying-jeou responding to recent reports by warning Japan not to “nationalise” the islands and "to resolve the issue in a peaceful way".

Last month, ten Japanese nationalists, who planted flags on the remote island, caused a wave of furious protest across China.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...pan-sankaku-japan-diaoyu-china_n_1864412.html

6. Gentlemen I think we've just discovered where to establish the state of
    Palestine.

7. pspr

pspr

There is some nice land on the continent of Antartica for them, too, if they want to get out of the heat.

8. No, we cant give them that...too much oil underneath that we are going to want someday when we drain the rest of the world of the oil.

9. I don't know I'd be willing to grant them any land maybe an ice floe. :D

10. pspr

pspr

(Don't worry! They will either freeze to death or starve to death. Either way, they will all be long gone before we need that oil. :D )

#10     Sep 16, 2012