Postal Service Looks To Cut 40,000 Jobs

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by MrDODGE, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Mvic

Mvic

Perhaps if the USPS raised rates substantially it wouldn't be utilized so much. As it is 95% is never even read.

#21     Nov 4, 2008
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

I saw a woman at a post office complained about a junk mail. Since it had IRS in big letters on it, it scared the heck out of her. A mail clerk took a look at the junk mail then she informed the women 'madam, see the stamp, we are obligated to send the letter with the stamp' then she concluded 'even I got the same letter'.

#22     Nov 4, 2008
  3. Not much value to my post, but I can't help but laugh as this reminds me of a Seinfeld episode, years ago, when Kramer wanted to stop his mail. Hysterical!

#23     Nov 4, 2008
  4. Maybe...why don't you mail them an application? WAAHHHAAAAA! I'm so easily entertained.

#24     Nov 4, 2008
  5. Is there a way to stop junk mail permanently?

You go on vacation for 2 months now and you come back to 100 pounds of junk mail to have to sort through.

#25     Nov 4, 2008
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

#26     Nov 4, 2008
  7. i spend half the year at the summer house and the other half at the winter house and use mail forwarding. it has completely eliminated my junk mail. not bad.... and it is free!

#27     Nov 4, 2008

8. So if I forward my mail to a relative's house while I'm on vacation, are you saying that junk mail does not get forwarded?

#28     Nov 5, 2008
  9. There is a similar version of the 'Do Not Call List' for junk mail. I can't remember where exactly how I found it online but I signed up for it and it significantly reduced the amount of junk mail I now receive, especially new credit card offers.

It doesn't solve everything but it certainly helps.

http://www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs4-junk.htm

#29     Nov 5, 2008
  10. vinny, that has been my experience this last year. no junk mail was forwarded. just be sure, not to shop, or register anything at your new house. NO junk mail is delievered, or forwarded. maybe it is because the houses are in different States?!

#30     Nov 5, 2008