Post Your Stats: Risk:Reward Ratio, Win:Loss Ratio, Time in Front of Charts?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bankroll, Nov 6, 2012.

1. a person acquires knowledge and skills.

he continues up the life style scale as far as he wishes. Doing it sooner requires full time trading.

He reaches a poiint where he cannot spend all he makes. By making the same effort with more and more capital, he runs out of being able to spend money quickly enough.

so he sits and thinks. He is not trading for a day and he still cannot spend all he makes.

he decides to not trade full time anymore because he does not need to.

He looks at other traders. some have years and years and years of experience and they do not have the lifestyle they want.

he sees that they are full time traders. they will always be full time traders because they cannot satisfy their wants and needs.
    Read market surfer who associates with only full time traders; they talk to each other about the myths they belief which keep them from becoming rich and not having blowouts periodically)

They lack the skills and knowledge to make all the money they need for their lifestyle.

These people are called full time traders. By definition, they do not know enough or have enough skills to not be full time traders.

read about trader mining. the traders mined do not have enough skills to become part time traders. And the people who mine them never have seen a rich, part time trader, either.

Perhaps you may notice how much the full offer of the market is. Compae how much of that you have the knowledge and skills to extract. What is missing? knowledge and skills are missing. You may even think the market is random. This is what is called a myth by knowledgeable and skilled people. try to meet such a myth believer; he is working at something somewhere full time.

A lot of people cannot even become traders. they have corrupted minds. they believe many myths. As a consequence, they do not believe anyone who does not have to trade full time.

This is a great filter for us (knowldegeable and skilled traders) to keep mythy believes away from us..

#11     Nov 16, 2012
  2. Man, I googled you: www.google.com/search?q=jack+hershey+trading
    Awesome!

Again, I'm not a native speaker so I can't quite get who is "market surfer" and "trader miner?" From the context it seemed to me market surfer is a nick on this board (did not find) But couldn't Google out "trade mining."

#12     Nov 20, 2012
  3. @jack hershey

Would you be kind to post an answer to my original question?

That is your Risk:Reward Ratio, Win:Loss Ratio, Time in Front of Charts? I figured out you are a part timer which is cool. A bonus question too (to all of you): How many trades do you take in a week or a month?

I appreciate you!

#13     Nov 20, 2012
  4. LOL.

Yeah...in one paragraph (300 words max) or less. :cool:

#14     Nov 20, 2012
  5. Risk/reward the best, always those rare cases: those events with 1~5% chances on the Bell Curve either this side or another side. that means you need wait there, or before the quote or sift through and fiter out lots of ordinary trades.

if I want to nail a 1:10 trade in a week, then I must let go those trades which can not produce 1:10 R/R. if I miss, then the whole week is wasted.

so my strategy is aim for those trades which can produce 10, 20 even 50 fold gains almost with no risk and win big lottery, but if I see some ordninary trades which can produce 2times reward in the waiting time, I will nail them first, at the mean time, continue to search those super rewardable trades. that is why I just focus on AAPL options. so far AAPL options can produce the best R/R to me. anothe reason is AAPL trend so nicely, I can pin down each turn very accurately.

so end up I am full time before the quote, most time, sit, monitor, planning, thinking, sifting through, just like a wolf for its prey, ... .

yes, in order to achieve the best, full time totally, even pre-market, after hours.

there is a chinese saying: feed the army thousand days, use it just in one day.

click mouse or button is just second time, but all those preparing or planning and efforts to be ahead of the game cost lots of time, far beyond a 8-5 regular job.

my point is there is no easy way in trading. trading profitable consitently consume far more time than you imagine. if you are lazy, you will easily see lousy results.

#15     Nov 20, 2012
  6. mm19

mm19

15 trades a year, cant remember when lost last.

getting a bit suspitious, waiting for string of losses....

Spend probably 10 hrs a week doing it. check markets 2x a day

#16     Nov 21, 2012
  7. mm19

mm19

It is clear you are really good. No substitute for experience. I cannot imagine 80 hours week working. But if I decide to do have trading as a sole income, will probably have to do the same. Your point about lean years for longer term trading is soooo valid.

#17     Nov 21, 2012

8. I do not set targets (rewards)

I do not use stops (Risk related)

therefore, I just use capital. I am all in except for my allowance for the volatility of bars. This means I click a percentage of capital on my trading platform. The percentage is 94%.

My win loss ratio is very high.

For stocks I will use a beginner ratio for 3 months of actual trades during my mentoring time: 60 :2 in a total of 62 trades in 3 months.

For this experience, two hours weekly on Sundays. Then Monday through Friday the first two hours of each day. Some persons doing this would be working. In AZ the market is open before work hours. If in the East (NYC, for example) the person would work for 15 to 20 minutes each evening.

For trading commodities things are different. The target, stops and % of capital is the same.

For the ES e mimi the trading is on 5 minute bars from bar 1 to bar 78. Bars 79, 80 and 81 I am flat.

I annotate all bars in volume. This means each and every bar has a name and the name is defined. I begin 15 minutes before open and I finish my printing and record keeping within 30 minutes of bar 81 close. It may be a little over 7 hours per day and no weekends.

If I do not trade a day, later I will annotate it. This takes 40 minutes. I may complete a log then as well. During trading days I always log.

In commodities, I am always in the market. So this requires me to do hold/reversal trading instead of entry/exit trading as in position stock trading.

I do a mimimum of 15 trades a day. I also measure my combined profit segments as a multiple of the ATR.

In this trading I am (in your terms) at risk all of the time and I am on the correct side of the market. I do not use stops. For me I am always following the sentiment which goes away from what you may use as stop settings. Stops are not used when A certain amount of capital is in use. (they do not function).

In general, it takes time to learn. I spent about 40 days initially and I traded stocks after the first four days. The year was 1957 and it was summertime.

When I began commodities there were no e mini's. I traded the DJX.X. On an FOMC day, from before the announcement until the return to the asymptote, I have done the three trades required to total 900 plus points per contract. I have invented a term for the DJ price change: 150 points is a Greenspan.

Another poster in this thread objects to substantive content beyond his scope of attentiion. All my trading can be automated. Currently I am switching from an SQL coding to a coding in TN. The PVT stock stuff is automated. I added about 25% to the TN library to do this.

#18     Nov 21, 2012
  9. Handle123 ,

Thanks for your contributions here. Always informative, straightforward, and no BS.

#19     Nov 21, 2012
  10. RR 1:1 - 1: infinity,

win % = 37%

12,000 + hours in front of screens like a monkey :)

Less is more after learning curve IMO.

#20     Nov 21, 2012