Post your prediction for the Dow!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by inandlong, Sep 1, 2002.

1. smokey_mcPaat

smokey_mcPaat Guest

nasdaq 10,000 !!!
    dow 20,000!!
    i rule the freaking markets!! kachingo!! whos your daddy!!

(i'm not serious people- making fun of 'ol waxie- why not? )

but i really don't care where the market goes as i trade market neutral and make consistent money, but the higher the better as far as i am concerned- higher priced stocks mean more volatility and more money for me (and all of you, of course :D )

#11     Sep 1, 2002
  2. Dowwww 5000. Nazzdaaak 800.

New lows on the dollar, new highs on gold.

#12     Sep 1, 2002
  3. gnome

gnome

At a minimum... the Dow declines to the '87 low of about 2230. (EWave correction to "prior 4th wave of lesser degree".)

I also believe that we will not see Dow 10,000 again in our lifetimes.

Have a nice day :) (while you still can)

#13     Sep 1, 2002
  4. Let me deflate the obvious joke..."yeah right gnome...if you're 95 now, you might be right."

Okay, that's over with, thanks for the call gnome. I know there are wave counters here besides you.

Very interesting!

#14     Sep 1, 2002
  5. gnome

gnome

I don't tell my really bearish objectives... might scare some people.

(You're just kidding, too, right? Otherwise, I'd have to start thinking your understanding of this situation is... well, shallow.)

PS My perception does not include a 10:1 reverse split in the index.

#15     Sep 1, 2002
  6. My purpose in deflating the obvious joke was to keep the thread on track by circumventing the abundance of good humor always available on ET.

Participants like yourself who have a substantiated opinion are extremely valuable.

The unknowns such as a reverse split, or major restructuring of the index components cannot be anticipated or quantified. Your point is well taken.

#16     Sep 1, 2002
  7. gnome

gnome

MY substantiated opinion? By what? (Oh, I get it. Sacasm, right?)

#17     Sep 1, 2002
  8. I suspect that you regularly use the Elliot Wave to time your trading activities. I recognize Elliot Wave theory as a legitimate means by which to predict market direction. Therefore, inasmuch as your call was based on Elliot Wave Theory, it is substantiated.

Please, let's not allow this thread to take the direction that so many have lately and end in suspicion, accusation, and acrimony.

I just want to know the opinions of other traders. I am not delving into the bio-psycho-social means by which these opinions might have been formed.

#18     Sep 1, 2002
  9. Nor am I being sarcastic. Sheesh!

#19     Sep 1, 2002
  10. gnome

gnome

I don't use Elliott considerations too much for timing... just the BIG stuff. And if the Mar, 00 was indeed a completed "5 waves up", the first logical target for all such completions is "prior 4th wave of lesser degree"... the '87, low. If that turns out to be correct, we all have rough sledding ahead.

#20     Sep 1, 2002