Post your prediction for the Dow!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by inandlong, Sep 1, 2002.

1. I didn't want to put this in this forum because it doesn't have anything to do with daytrading or short term investing, but I am interested in the bias of the participants at ET. The Chit Chat forum does not appear on the Home Page so I chose the Trading Forum.

Without providing justification, unless you are compelled to do so, post your numerical prediction(s) for the Dow over the next 12 months.

High = 9500
    Intermediate Low = 7200
    Potential trading range = 9500 - 7200
    Ultimate low = 5800

2. Vishnu

Vishnu

I think its over 10K within the next 12 months. And 12 months from today I think its abt 10.5K

3. High of 10,500 by March
    Major low (probably THE bottom) in about a year to 18 months. My best guess for the price would probably be 6300, but honestly I can't confine it to any narrower range than "somewhere between 5000 and 8000.

4. Babak

Babak

Really depends on MMM. Where it heads, the Dow follows.

5. Just like in the 70's, we'll probably be in a trading range for many years...eventually the popular buy and hold investor mentality will give way to bonds and t-bills as the stock market will go nowhere but sideways--with a few false starts perhaps.

6. 5000. I know lots of people will be pissed off but that's my prediction. BTW if it ever reaches that level, I'll be an aggressive buyer. Right now, I am in and out.

7. William

William

I have no idea....

8. It is quite possible the dow could achieve all those price points in the next 12 months.

Runningbear

9. wild

wild

gloom & doom ahead ... 2700

10. wow wild. That is gloom and doom. That would mean earnings are going to experience a big decrease.

This is the first time that I hope you are wrong. :)

#10     Sep 1, 2002