Post FOMC Market Action

Discussion in 'Trading' started by William Rennick, May 10, 2006.

What will be the reaction to the FOMC Policy statement

1. Market will rally

13 vote(s)
    27.7%
  2. Market will selloff

25 vote(s)
    53.2%
  3. Market will be flat

9 vote(s)
    19.1%
  1. Yes i agree to you
    We can go 1 es shot and stop loss at 1330
    And the YM long with no stop loss
    I will be doing that cause if the market sell of the ES will cover all the losses in the YM
    but i think 1330 is a very narrow stop loss

#11     May 10, 2006
  2. A lot of things can go wrong with that kind of play.

#12     May 10, 2006
  3. nitro

nitro

You would be net short deltas on that play.

nitro

#13     May 10, 2006
  4. quotes from ksonic

Hey man i think its the best idea to do so
    1 shot at 1328.25 stop loss at 1330.75 thats the hihest it has been since last week and 1 long on ym with no stop but we never know i think we all witnessed that last week when it just skyroceted up from 1316.50 to 1331.

I am just keeping my fingers crossed.

#14     May 10, 2006
  5. Trading cluse
    U have to just watch the market
    cause during the fomc meeting u never know what happens
    I will be watching what happens and see what to do
    AGAIN IT ALL DEPEND ONT HE MARKET
    HAVE TO MAK QUICK DECISION

#15     May 10, 2006
  6. romik

romik

no point guessing, just go with the majority (and not straight away, unless you r after .25-.50 gains), playing YM against ES...well, I don't see the point, but that's just me.

#16     May 10, 2006
  7. hey nitro
    u would be net shot on the deltas - ?
    what does that mean
    can u explain i am a new trade
    thank you

#17     May 10, 2006
  8. no point guessing, just go with the majority (and not straight away, unless you r after .25-.50 gains), playing YM against ES...well, I don't see the point, but that's just me.

i know i cant compare the ym and es but if things dont go my way then i can take the loss of es and try to gain in on ym while if things do go my way the i can just take a minimum lose in ym and gain profit on es.

#18     May 10, 2006
  9. Based on the information shared with(through) Maria Bartiromo a few days ago and how markets reacted afterwards, they will probably find a way to tell us that a pause in June is less likely to happen than what has been priced in inflation-risk premiums and FX rates.

If it's the case, the inflation-risk premium will go down, pulling bond prices up in the process.

#19     May 10, 2006
  10. i agree with this in my gut -- inflation has more momentum than is being recognized, imho; but, too, i could see this dollar blowing down to the lows too...after the last three weeks, anything is possible.

#20     May 10, 2006