Post economic collapse game plan

Discussion in 'Economics' started by chrisjs87, Mar 4, 2010.

1. #41     Mar 5, 2010
  2. I have a 32,000 gallon swimming pool and a British Berkefeld water filter that is used by relief organizatins around the world to clean river water for human consumption. 2 of my 3 closest neighbors also have pools. I think most people have enough canned foods to last a few weeks.

What would you do?

#42     Mar 5, 2010
  3. What are you going to do when roving gangs of armed criminals come round to your farm to take the gold, silver, guns, ammo, and women? Fend them off like John Wayne?

The best strategy is simply to take keep some of your capital abroad in a safe location, and take a long vacation in another country which is not collapsing.

#43     Mar 5, 2010
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I have one of those stainless storage racks in my shop area with a bunch of bottled water and 5 or 6 of those #10 cans of Mountain House backpacking food, the freezedried stuff. Its got a long shelf life. Also toilet paper, paper towels and a couple of 40-lb bags of dogfood. Lots of coffee and cocoa and a case of Absolut. It all fits on the one rack. Thats about it. I have a good supply of LED lanterns and batts. Its about 2-3 months worth of supplies and not bad eating. I rotate the water and am currently drinking water I bought in August.

I guess I would hunker down and keep a low profile. Me and 2 big german shepards and my 870. :D

#44     Mar 5, 2010
  5. Also, how are you going to pay the ex legionairs that will protect you?

With worthless $?

And how do you keep them from cutting your head of and live like a king themselves?

:D

#45     Mar 5, 2010
  6. #46     Mar 5, 2010
  7. Humpy

Humpy

As the times get tougher the Mad Max scenario looks ever more likely. Just a short step away from cannibalism etc. unless you elect some decent honest capable people not the usual greedy blood suckers.

The trip up to numero uno may be tough but its a whole lot worse coming down the other side. Might bump into some of the suckers one trod on , on the way up !!

Might need the price of an Abrahams tank + ammo

#47     Mar 5, 2010
  8. Haha, good one. I actually have first hand experience since my kids are 18 and 21. I've met literally hundreds of their friends and classmates and sadly they're all the same. Ok, not all, but like 90%.

And I will never, under any circumstances, ever have a Facebook. :p

#48     Mar 5, 2010
  9. Have you guys seen "The Road"?

http://www.theroad-movie.com/

The first thing I would do is get a bus load of retards and lock them in my cellar to eat later.

#49     Mar 5, 2010
  10. jprad

jprad

Ditto on your first point.

As for your second, define "safe" in a world where the dominant military and consumer nation goes tits up.

Any country which is capable of self-sufficiency in that scenario is, by definition, a target to get overrun by so many people who have the same idea. Do you honestly think that country's government would stand still and let itself be brought to it's knees? No, they would respond by denying access to foreigners and/or kicking the ones out that are already there.

IMHO, if the US goes down the entire world goes with it and there will be no safe harbor for US citizens, and Europeans, who didn't check out and establish themselves elsewhere at least 10 years ago.

#50     Mar 5, 2010