Post Debate Buzz For Herman Cain

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AMT4SWA, May 6, 2011.

1. Hello

Hello

Given the fact that 95% of black people voted for Obama, are black people really that under represented in the Republican party?

If black people make up 12% of the population, and only 5% of those black people are republicans that means that republicans should have 0.6% of black people represented within their party.

Black people have a choice of whether or not they want to support republicans or democrats, so who is infact making the choice to under-represent them? This is an example of Black people choosing not to support republicans not the other way around. Give me a break.

#41     May 7, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Good reply to my first question, but not the question you quoted. Navin's questions are irrelevent to that one.

#42     May 7, 2011
  3. I was able to find some research on the subject of white voters' reactions to black candidates.

From the Washington Post - April 14, 2006:

"... white Republicans nationally are 25 percentage points more likely on average to vote for the Democratic senatorial candidate when the GOP hopeful is black, says economist Ebonya Washington of Yale University."

"But racially motivated crossover voting is not just a Republican phenomenon. Democrats also desert their party when its candidate is black, Washington found. In House races, white Democrats are 38 percentage points less likely to vote Democratic if their candidate is black. "

According to this research, white Democrats are more likely to desert their black candidates than are white Republicans.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/13/AR2006041301776.html

The original research paper can be found here: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=904344

#43     May 7, 2011
  4. Just goes to show you... the majority of Americans are non-thinking sheeple.... easily manipulated... with a lot of Homer Simpson in them.

#44     May 7, 2011
  5. You ask a lot of questions, but, as usual, you have no answers. If you do not understand the relevance of the question, then you need more help than your just monthly government welfare check.

#45     May 7, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

I note that you can't answer the question.

#46     May 7, 2011
  7. The answer is "self-selection bias." Until the past few years, very few blacks (close to zero) chose to run as Republicans. If blacks choose not to run as Republicans, then the outcome is determined by candidate self-selection, not by voter's attitudes.

Self-selection bias is the "monkey in the wrench" for statisticians because it makes causality nearly impossible to determine. Therefore a different type of analysis is required.

A more logical analytical approach eliminates candidate self-selection bias and instead measures voter behavior, the results of which are summarized in my previous post.

#47     May 7, 2011
  8. Hello

Hello

Tom davis and me already answered the question, problem solved....... dont worry about it. :D

#48     May 7, 2011
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Navin, thank the man.

I should also add that you could answer my question, saying "well technically, no, anwers to my questions would not answer your question, so it was useless for me to ask them without qualification (I'll hand you that out)."

#49     May 7, 2011
  10. You keep dodging the questions, bottom feeder.

#50     May 7, 2011