Post Covid-19 ERA. WORLD Never Will Be The Same.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by 1957may10, Apr 20, 2020.

1. First of all you will be wearing PPE all the time you are outside.
    A lot of people will continue work at home. You always have your assignment and nobody but you will make it done. You are available 24/7 to serve your company needs.
    Companies will greatly benefit from it why they would change it to worse.
    Less use of cars, good for climate improvement.
    Less oil utilization.
    Since you are working from home the business space will drastically shrink.
    All streaming services will rise. You have to use it so why bother to go to cinema theater.
    No more a big celebrations with a lot of people.
    All transportation carriers will reduce capacity of passengers to 30-50%%.
    Prices will increase for traveling services.
    People will reduce traveling (maybe).
    It will be additional medical tests for people to travel, to live in hotels, etc.
    Could be travel bans from time to time, one or other location.
    Less and less real shopping even food, more and more online shopping.
    That is basically what we may have and what we won’t have at all.
    Feel free to add your thoughts or criticize, adjust what I’m trying to summarize.

2. "Never?"

I would think that things will get back to normal when a vaccine is developed and broadly administered. However, telecommuting will likely become more popular than it was before the pandemic.

3. Yes never the same. Remember 9/11 it was changed since then.

4. Hooti

Hooti

Our economic model of capitalism needs to adjust to robotics, etc, anyway...
    Perhaps there has not been enough traditional 'work' for some time?
    Is this pandemic in any way going to push us to deal with these issues also?

5. Not as bad as Metro 2033

6. I bet this will reverse as soon as there is a cure and a quick test. I have bought 100 TUI's, thats how convinced I am (lol)

7. Sure, west economy should withdraw supply from China to different countries, domestic production of PPE and others necessary products. Invest money and be prepared for any new coming pandemic. We have to learn the lesson.

8. Pekelo

Pekelo

OK, just to disagree with the OP, I say as soon as we have a working vaccine available for the masses, life will go back as business usual. There will be mad dashes to certain destinations and for discount travel vouchers. Somebody posted that cruise ship bookings are up 40% for next year.

Hell, I just watched a report on Sweden, life didn't stop there at all. And we might get this much sooner with a treatment available we don't have to wait for the vaccine.

MercForHire and wrbtrader like this.
  9. At some point yes it will come back, but never to the same conditions. F.e. Telecommuting jobs majorly will stay, companies offices will be gone...

10. It’s suppose to be a reasonable risk when to open.
    But I gonna bet nor ours health experts, nor ours government will do it proper way.
    It is a mess...

#10     Apr 20, 2020