Post count...can we eliminate it?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ElectricSavant, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Who cares?

Baron could you please set my count back to zero...please? so those that find this piece of info important can be appeased.

The only reason Nitro and others do not have a higher post count, is they gave up on ET a long time ago and remain in the chatroom or chat forum. Occasionally you will find Nitro in hardware. The ones that can really contribute to trading and post valuable commentary, simply do not and as they mature they stop all together.

Baron YOU do not even contribute here.

Michael B.

#11     Jul 22, 2006
  2. NTB

NTB

It seems to bother you being reminded that you have made 10,000 posts. Why is that? Do you feel that you have wasted so much time posting? Do you feel that others view you as a loser for having wasted so much time posting? Do you not want to be known as the guy on ET who has contributed so much for so little? Or, does it keep reminding you that you having nothing else to do but post on ET? You seem awfully defensive about this 10,000 post milestone. You can answer all of the above if you'd like. :)

#12     Jul 22, 2006
  3. It seems to bother you being reminded that you have made 10,000 posts. It seems that the reminders are not friendly, I do not have the time to fetch the context for you. If you know how to read go review your heart out

Why is that? Do you feel that you have wasted so much time posting? Yes, sometimes I ask why I do it?, like right now...why do I waste my time with you NTB?...you seem to think that you have all of the answers...go ahead tell us

Do you feel that others view you as a loser for having wasted so much time posting? Well, I do ask myself why accomplished traders that really trade do not spend more time here. I find that they are very busy trading and making money consistently and do not bother with these forums. I suspect some of them do not know what ET is. As far as being a loser, piker...well compared to them..yes I am one

Do you not want to be known as the guy on ET who has contributed so much for so little? Or, does it keep reminding you that you having nothing else to do but post on ET? I am only reminded from others that seem to not appreciate my time. I therefore must consider their posts

You seem awfully defensive about this 10,000 post milestone. You can answer all of the above if you'd like. :) Milestone? It seems this is your milestone. I have asked for a reset of my count and we can start all over and I have even been so bold as to question its validity :)

Why isn't the content being questioned of the various posts here. Isn't that what really matters? Do you folks find that I waste your time?...funny you do not have me on ignore then...you afraid you might miss something? I can guarantee everyone of you cowards would never post that little voice in your head...as I do. I post for the many who would not dare to post. Wifey puts up with your snide comments and you do not even give her the respect of a fellow trader and even suggest she is not a person. I can guarantee that everyone of you cowards will buy my book if I ever decide to finish it...and then you will the first to post a negative review here in ET.

#13     Jul 22, 2006
  4. How about just return back to Wifey's solitary hole?

#14     Jul 22, 2006
  5. How would you have the likes of this character with 10k posts throughout ET? Think about it? you guys do not even know how good you have it here.

and do not dare get on his PM list...oh my gawd...Don't let this guy mess with your head...you guys do not have a clue. My intentions are honorable, where this fellow is out to destroy you. I cannot tell you how many traders have thanked me for their help. I have an entire three ring binder filled with inspirational posts, emails and PM's. And to this day, I am in contact with many, who claim to be successful and consistently profitable. I am thrilled if they are better traders than I, I truly am... and for sure there are some that I believe are better.

#15     Jul 22, 2006
  6. I think we should have a congregation count.

That way, each member would have "1,068,784 posts" under their handle.

Just an idea...

#16     Jul 22, 2006
  7. That actually could be a good idea...we could use an aggregate post count and the post id could be in the visable part in the post count.

we have a total member count...so why not the running total of posts of the global ET universe and where yours is at?

Michael B.

#17     Jul 22, 2006
  8. Baron.

This has become such a problem for me with the flaming, I do not know if I can post anymore without the negativity that the post counters bring.

Can you reset my count to zero...would it be hard?

I really want to continue posting here, if you wish me to.

Michael B.

#18     Jul 22, 2006
  9. Then you shouldn't have run your yapper to begin the discussion. I congratulated you on reaching the personal milestone of 10,000 posts. Somehow, you decided such a comment resulted from a slam, a cut, or a flame.

personal milestone

After your clarification above, you mean to tell me your accusation of me posting untruths resulted form getting your panties in bunch over this phrase?

Let's see. You posted nearly 10,000 times, so that makes the accomplishemnt personal, and 10,000 posts clearly is a milestone few have rached on thsi web site. How again did I post anything even remotely resembling anything untrue?

Hard to believe you proceeded to get yourself all bent out of shape over a compliment, but as such, you might consider taking this advice. Next time someone gives you a compliment, say thank you, and move on.

Seriously dude, you seem to need a vacation more than I.

- Spydertrader

#19     Jul 22, 2006
  10. Or... we could have a total of posts of the global Internet Message Board universe... and have everyone have numbers under their ET handles that go into the billions!

Then, maybe, what % of them are yours.

Just an idea..

#20     Jul 22, 2006