Post count...can we eliminate it?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ElectricSavant, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Why do we need it?

If its to identify spammers with count #1....why not attach labels?

like:
    • New Guest
    • Senior Guest
    • Contributor
    • Sponsor
    • Admin

at least give the ability for the guest to turn it on or off...(admin could still keep the count if they wish)

Michael B.

P.S. Again Baron...you have been at this a long time and there is a method to the madness...I always miss the reasons why you keep a post count...

2. ES, Do you not recall when you first joined ET, labels did exist - in addition to the post count. Baron removed the 'titles' a few years back.

- Spydertrader

P.S. Congrats (in advance) for reaching 10,000 posts. Unfortunately, I'll miss the occasion as I head to the Dominican Republic soon, and will find myself sitting on a beach sipping Pina Coladas when you reach this personal milestone.

3. Personally, I think we should be able to choose our own labels:
    • New Flamer
    • Older Flamer
    • god of ForEx
    • Market Commentator
    • Poster Extraordinaire
    • Archangel of ET
    • Millionaire Message Board Owner
    • Winged 6-eyed Creature
    • Hit Man For Baron
    • ET Janitor
    Of course, these are just a sample..

4. Spydertrader,

That was not called for. Have I ever put words in your mouth that were not true?

Why do I post at all?

I am sorry Baron..you are an upstanding person and I have a lot of respect for you. I just got to get out of here.

Could you at least consider a choice of an "on and off button" for the post count. I already have the ET t-shirt and I really do not care to show my post count. I suppose you could let a senior poster turn it off...or just zero mine out...

It seems that many do not appreciate my posts here and I do not want to be a guest, where I am not wanted. I only want the best for ET and I think that perhaps I am doing more harm here, for which I apologize. I try to be helpful to many and share what I think to be valuable information from my research, but it is only important to me I guess. No one can take away my research from me and I suppose that I can return to my solitary world (back to my hole) of trading with Wifey.

personal milestone.

5. Kindly point out where anything I posted above falls under the catagory of an 'untrue' statement. If you don't recall when member 'titles' appeared under the username of each post, then ask Baron (or any moderator around several years ago) to confirm before flying off the handle. You registered the ES username one month prior to my own registration, and username 'titles' based on post count existed at that time.

- Spydertrader

6. I did in bold. you must be drinking Pina colada's already. have a nice vacation by the way. You have done a good job in trading and you need to bask a bit.

7. Why not just list the handle...forget the titles and the post count then...

I am sure that the first time spammers can be identified by admin anyways...

it is really not the place of the guests to police this anyways...

we do not need a post count...

8. I guess I could change my handle....but this should not be the solution.

HeHe... hey Wifey could be butch!

9. Whats going on here? What has happened to Electric?

I have not been here for a while and cannot believe what has happened!

Electric..why don't you do what you preach to others and quit being a hypocrite?...DO NOT TAKE ANONYMOUS POSTS TOO SERIOUSLY. YOUR AN ANONYMOUS GUEST AFTER ALL.

I will not change my handle and just stop this nonsense..take a break...and get out of the kitchen if you cant take the heat.

Wifey.

10. Pekelo

Pekelo

I say, instead of personal count, it should be made a Family count, thus ES and Wifey should be counted together!! :)

Congrats on your upcoming 10K!!! But as a Family, you guys already passed it!!!

#10     Jul 22, 2006