Post a picture of your ride

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jumpshot, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Jumpshot

Jumpshot

I have owned older cars in the distant past and even tried a little driveway mechanicing myself. It is simply a waste of time to own and work on an older car. You sit there for hours trying to fix whatever problems the car has and when all is said and done the car still looks, drives and runs like an older car. You also have burn marks, cuts and other injuries from working on the car yourself.

If you send the older car for service, then the mechanic comes back with a laundry list of items. In the early 90s, I spent 3 grand on trying to get a high mileage camry back into decent shape for the road. It was a waste and should have just bought a new car.

If you are a trader making six+ figures per year, then why not go to the dealership and get yourself a new car? Its not just about living in luxury, but living with a decent car that isnt making noise, expelling smelly exhaust fumes and needing work every time you turn around.

Its simple. You go to the dealership, say I want a new car and they will pull one up for you. You can give them the money you made for that 1 week of trading.

#91     Jul 2, 2009

2. BINGO!

i wonder how many here put half the time & money into their bodies & appearance as they do some material item that depreciates!

#92     Jul 2, 2009
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46-WNPlCYsg

#93     Jul 2, 2009
  4. I agree. I stopped buying used cars a long time ago. It's also about safety for yourself and your family. The older a car and the higher the mileage, the higher the chance of breakdown and being stranded, which increases the chance of bad shit happening.

Besides, my wife just bought a new car and the slightly used identical models were almost the same price. Why screw around with that.........with new you know what you're getting and with a full warranty.

#94     Jul 2, 2009
  5. :cool:

#95     Jul 2, 2009
  6. [​IMG]

:cool: :cool: :cool:

#96     Jul 2, 2009
  7. Cutten

Cutten

Better to buy a car 3-4 years old so you miss the worst of the depreciation. Especially in this economy, buying new is insane when you can get cars at 50% off list only a year or two old.

Buying new only really makes sense if you will keep the car for 5 years+.

#97     Jul 3, 2009