possible to use "market profile" to trade options?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by ken.lindsay8, May 29, 2007.

1. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

i would add that Dalton's second book, "Markets in Profile" which has more of a swing trading perspective might also be helpful trading options.

if you don't already know, you might want to learn about how to create composite profiles.....profiles of more then one day.

just as another poster already said, MP is a way to look at the market, not a trading methodology per say, so its up to you to develop your own set-ups based on your understanding of the profile.

#11     May 31, 2007
  2. Sorry to be so vague Ken, but the answer is it depends. Some people find the methods useful to them, others do not. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Best regards,
    MK

#12     Jun 1, 2007
  3. I have read material of Piper's where he used MP indicated extremes to enter option positions.

But the more important questions might be:

- what does MP tell you that could be useful for trading?

- what do option trades require that might benefit from the MP information?

#13     Jun 1, 2007
  4. another important question is: is it easy and inexpensive to get MP data? do i HAVE TO buy MP data from a vendor, or can i compile it myself?

thanks again
    Ken

#14     Jun 1, 2007
  5. There is no special MP data. It is merely another way to show the same data that is displayed on your price and volume chart. Same data, different representation.

Kind regards,
    MK

#15     Jun 2, 2007
  6. Ashley

Ashley

at least i know i am not the only one

#16     Jul 10, 2008