Possible Recession?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by streetprodigy23, Jun 14, 2006.

Recession coming.... Yes or No?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. I don't know if I am the only one but is anybody worried about a recession rearing its big fat ugly head here soon.

With Ben trying to show that he wants to fight inflation and the way the market is dropping I can't help but think it.

The ficken Russin market was down what 10% yesterday... this has to be more then an "adjustment"

2. I dont know what a recession is.
    I am either long or short.
    However, longs only ie real estate, now that is another matter.
    I imagine that the recession started late last year and is slowly revealing itself.

3. Good way to look at it. I guess you can make money in the market no matter which way it goes.

4. beat23

beat23

I read that traders across the globe are concerned that the US economy is overheating and that rising oil and commodity prices will send inflation higher, forcing central bankers in America to raise interest rates.

Such a move would increase higher borrowing costs for companies and affect their profits, with investors subsequently likely to sell up corporate shares and move their money into fixed-rate investments such as bonds. ...

5. You can and you do. However the world is made up of 99%+ longs and they control the social side of life through sheer weight of numbers.
    When longs are losing money they are not happy campers and they will try to destroy your fun if not your life.
    I have being thinking of buying a caribe island for shorts only and having some fun in the coming years....la buena vida