possible FX leverage 'cap' gonna happen?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by increasenow, Jul 4, 2009.

1. The proposed cap of 1.5-1 is not for nfa regulated firms it is for firms that are members of FINRA only. Nfa , if your read on their website are looking to cap it at 100-1 nothing less. Look at the Finra ruling its for members only of FINRA which most of the normal regulated NFA brokers are not. 100-1 is still huge and thats what it will be.

#11     Jul 4, 2009
  2. Good question. I have no idea of the answer though, sorry.

cstfx suggested an alternative which I hadn't heard of before (thanks cstfx), that may be worth looking into as well.

#12     Jul 5, 2009
  3. Yes, every customer in the UK regardless of the passport is protected. Its an EU-directive every member country has to implement, although some countries are late doing that. The amount varies from country to country, but in general this protection is EU-wide and applies also to foreigners. Its a bit like SIPC in the usa, every financial service provider that is licensed in the EU (essentially banks, agency brokers and retail marketmakers) has to pay into a fund that is used to compensate bankruptcy victims.

You have to be classified as retail customer, this obviously does not apply to institutions.

#13     Jul 5, 2009
  4. I second that.

S

#14     Jul 5, 2009

5. Can you provide a link to that information? This is awesome information btw!

Makes switching to FXCM UK a no-brainer

#15     Jul 5, 2009