Possible cure for Chit Chat Flaming

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by hapaboy, Feb 4, 2006.

1. How insightful, especially as I don't have any bumper stickers.

PoundtheRock, eatin' dat corn again...

That would undoubtedly suit your comprehension and education level.

Try posting on the PBS Sesame Street forums. More your speed, I think. :D

#11     Feb 8, 2006
  2. An idea to cut down flaming turns into what?

Back and forth flaming.....

Brilliant!!! Brilliant!!!

#12     Feb 8, 2006
  3. The key flamer flames an idea to cut down on flaming then points out that there is flaming going on.

Brilliant! Brilliant!!

#13     Feb 8, 2006
  4. LOL, lucaboy takes it hook, line, and sinker again. You may want to revisit your thread title. :p

#14     Feb 9, 2006
  5. Apparently your point, pudpounder, like the King Flamer, is that there is flaming going on.

Brilliant! Brilliant!

#15     Feb 9, 2006
  6. The point jzboy is how easily you get sucked into a flamefest every time.

I eagerly await you taking the bait again...

And it happens to be my corn on a fish hook for you...

:D :D :D

#16     Feb 9, 2006
  7. cable

cable

The best cure for flaming is not to post something that enrages people from the outset due to its obvious and ridiculous bias.

#17     Feb 9, 2006
  8. What is biased about a limit on posts, if that very same limit will apply to me?!?

You're not making any sense.

#18     Feb 10, 2006
  9. Who is a bigger sucker, me for responding to your posts, or you for responding to my thread?

You're a practicioner of idiot zen, pud.

But keep trying, if you can do so between the mouthfuls of corn. :D

#19     Feb 10, 2006
  10. cable

cable

Trollish, Insulting Quotes from hapaboy FROM THIS SINGLE THREAD ALONE:
    • * You make no sense at all.
      * Claiming I'm doing this just so my threads aren't flamed is ridiculous.
      * Well, well, He Who Would Be Most Affected By A Limit On Posts turns up to ridicule it. Surprise, surprise.....
      * How insightful, especially as I don't have any bumper stickers.
      * PoundtheRock, eatin' dat corn again...
      * How about words per post limited to 3 That would undoubtedly suit your comprehension and education level. Try posting on the PBS Sesame Street forums. More your speed, I think.
      * The key flamer flames an idea to cut down on flaming then points out that there is flaming going on. Brilliant! Brilliant!!
      * Apparently your point, pudpounder, like the King Flamer, is that there is flaming going on. Brilliant! Brilliant!
      * Who is a bigger sucker, me for responding to your posts, or you for responding to my thread? You're a practicioner of idiot zen, pud. But keep trying, if you can do so between the mouthfuls of corn.
      * You're not making any sense.
    You say I'm making no sense when I tell you that you should strive for balance and fairness in your comments? Virtually everything you say is designed to incite anger, trolls and retaliatory attacks. If you're serious about cutting down on flames, you have to tone it down. I didn't see a single response from you in this thread that isn't insulting or demeaning of the other members of ET in some way.

Cutting down on the amount of posts allowed per nym will possibly cut down the amount of trolls in Chit Chat, but will do nothing to help the signal to noise ratio. The only way to improve that is to improve the quality of what you post so that other people won't take joy in battling you for hours on end. Try to create honest discussion by fully understanding the issue -- defending and tearing apart BOTH sides of an issue, not just one. If you can do this, you'll become one of the best posters on ET and will be respected by all.

#20     Feb 10, 2006