Possible array question in C++

Discussion in 'App Development' started by raymam1, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Eight

Eight

you're going to have problems with internet forums forever then... not to mention real life...

#11     Oct 6, 2011
    dartmus likes this.
  2. Touche

#12     Oct 6, 2011
  3. Eight

Eight

The thing to do is to read up on Myers' Briggs Personality typing, find out which one you are, learn to be the best version of yourself that you possibly can be.. then the morons won't bother you that much, oftimes they are being the best version of themselves that they can too!!

#13     Oct 6, 2011
  4. English is not my first language, I learned it from the movies, so this is the result :)

#14     Oct 7, 2011
  5. piezoe

piezoe

Classic, and quotable!

#15     Oct 8, 2011
  6. LeeD

LeeD

I concur.

Knowing your strengths and being able to take full advantage of them is always great. However, it's wise to refrain from pigeonholing yourself. According to knowyourtype.com People scored the same on a subsequent administration of the test about 75 percent of the time. About 1 in 1,000 persons will change on all four scales. So, finding out your personality type is not even remotely reliable.

Further, it is arguable people benefit more from working on their personality weaknesses than strengths.

Even further, it appears a person can conciously develop a desired personality type the same way left-handed people learn to write with the right hand. From http://www.annholm.net/2010/05/can-your-myers-briggs-type-changeneuroplasticity/

#16     Oct 8, 2011
    dartmus likes this.
  7. LeeD

LeeD

Very good point!

Regarding the 5-tick range one needs to define better what "a new 5-tick range is established" means. If you want to build 5-tick-wide "bars" it is gonna be tricky because, when you move from 1081-1085 bar to 1086-1090 bar, the price can wander 1 tick up - 1 tick down for a while leading to lots of short bars.

If you are talking about 5-tick range in the same sense as people are talking of the range between 40-day high and 40-day low, this does make sense... but then I would exclude the word "periodicity" from the description of the method.

#17     Oct 8, 2011
    dartmus likes this.
  8. byteme

byteme

Um, I don't want to ruin the thread by bringing it back on topic but I assumed the OP was referring the well established concept of range bars:

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/trading/10/range-bar-charts-different-view.asp

Perhaps he/she was talking about something else though...

#18     Oct 9, 2011
  9. Eight

Eight

Range bars are a problem across the several charting and programming environments wherein I've encountered them. Some packages have several choices for how they should be constructed. One constructs them their way and argued with me that I should change all my thinking!! I moved away from them and used tick count bars a while back with the idea of revisiting at a later date.

I do recommend that researchers learn to construct their own arrays of bars just so they can have the extent of expression that will allow full exploration of the possibilities.

#19     Oct 11, 2011
    dartmus likes this.
  10. You need to use Hashtables.

#20     Oct 14, 2011
    dartmus likes this.