Possibility to Edit/Delete Thread after 30 minutes

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Nym, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Nym

Nym

This is the request ..

I received a request to delate a discussion and I am not capable of doing it. Is there any reason why?

2. Magna

Magna Administrator

Yes, there's a few reasons.

1) users are not permitted to edit their posts after 30 minutes and your posts were a day old
    2) users cannot delete the 1st post of a thread

More important, I removed the thread at your request a fair amount of time before you started this thread.

3. Nym

Nym

Thanks Magna,
    for removing the post. Sill I am just wondering why you think that users should not be allowed.

As I said ... just wondering, I am happy in both the ways :)

4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

If you start a thread and that thread receives replies, you can't just be allowed to delete the thread, as doing that would also delete all of the replies that were submitted by others (which would be totally unfair to them).

5. Nym

Nym

thanks,
    that make sense to me.

6. kut2k2

kut2k2

If all the replies you get in a thread are troll replies, why would anyone but the trolls care about their removal?

I think it's reasonable to give more consideration to the thread originators than a bunch of people who often contribute nothing worthwhile to a thread.

While I'm here, I may as well state my preference for an hour to edit a post. Thirty minutes really isn't enough time occasionally but an hour is.

7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

That's a special case scenario which can easily be dealt with if you email support@elitetrader.com

8. Humpy

Humpy

It should be a day. What's written in the heat of the moment should be able to be changed when one has calmed down a bit imho.

9. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Ok, so if you edit your post a day later, what's supposed to happen to all the replies to your original post?

10. Humpy

Humpy

Woooooooooooo Hoooooooooooo the big boss !!

One might like to admit one overstated the case a bit and say sorry ?

:cool:

#10     Jun 5, 2013