Position trading calls and ideas

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bbpp, Sep 3, 2019.

1. bbpp

bbpp

I have a bottom signal which says euro should have a continuation rally to the upside.
    The signal used to have high accuracy in the past but the latest signal failed. So I am a little confused this time.
    However, I just took a small long position at 1.10468.

#21     Sep 6, 2019
  2. bbpp

bbpp

Exited euro at 1.10300.

#22     Sep 6, 2019
  3. bbpp

bbpp

Exited ES at 2982.

#23     Sep 6, 2019
  4. destriero

destriero

That was a good call. You bought the BO about a half an hour before the China news.

#24     Sep 6, 2019
    Overnight likes this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

My position trade idea today was to sit out and try some sim with stops and targets, to gauge how I could read the action today in NQ. Of course, I made just over 1 grand on two one-contract trades, and one 2-contract trade. Modest targets with stops that had breathing room. It worked well. Did the same thing yesterday, pretty much.

So for my efforts this week of kinda' sitting on hands I earned about 60 bux. In a week. I can now afford to buy a bowl of hot water, some dry oatmeal, and a giant loving spoonful of, well...

#25     Sep 6, 2019
  6. bbpp

bbpp

#26     Sep 10, 2019
  7. bbpp

bbpp

The reason behind this up move, to my best guess,is Fed meeting next week,as market expects Fed to cut rate.I have observed such market move before previous Fed meeting when there was another rate cut.
    If we repeat what last time market did, it will make a correction this week, then run up again later this week or early next week. That's why I exited for now.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    #27     Sep 10, 2019
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

$807 today.

#28     Sep 10, 2019
  9. Closed trade for a loss.

#29     Sep 10, 2019
  10. bbpp

bbpp

Wow, this is really a good trade.

#30     Sep 10, 2019