Position Sizing and Rapid Growth

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by TraderZones, Jul 29, 2009.

1. I don't maintain an approval list of people I need to check with before quoting someone. Who you put on your ignore list is up to you.

This is a weakness of the site, not of the users. And a number of times when I quote him, I am responding to his post. If you don't quote someone, either they or others might not know it was about that post. Notice how you quoted my post in yours.

This is a forum, not a private telephone conversation...

It would be nice if they auto-truncated the quoted post, but Jack usually gives 20-30 paragraph diatribes...

#21     Jul 31, 2009
  2. Jack? I only know a Hershey.

#22     Jul 31, 2009
  3. look at his user name above - Jack Hershey. same source of long yet wild delusions...

#23     Aug 1, 2009
  4. JamesTan

JamesTan

This will have no effect on most people. However, most of these strategies are AWESOME to do in the OPPOSITE direction. You just have to get used to the idea that you might not make money every day.

Additionally, you have to be psychologically ready to accept the fact that you will in all likelihood lose money much of the time. You have to love to see small reds. And be disappointed by HUGE RIDICULOUSLY UNNATURAL greens that wiped all your reds away.

Do an exercise. Determine to yourself that you will lose your starting capital slowly but surely over 360 days. You do this by calculating that if you could simply lose 200 dollars everyday making 20 trades that lose 10 dollars each, you'd be set! If you lose 200 in a day, STOP! You achieved your GOAL, CHAMP!

NEVER ACCEPT A PROFIT. IF YOU SEE A PROFIT! TRADE YOURSELF OUT OF IT! YOU'RE TOO MUCH OF A GENIUS TO LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU. YOU ARE INDEED THE ONLY DAYTRADER IN EXISTENCE THAT IS SMART ENOUGH TO HAVE THE ONE EDGE THAT WILL LOSE YOU MILLIONS!!! YOU CAN DO IT! CHIP AWAY 10 dollars at a time. Once you start to chip 200 of your capital a day (consistently for about 20 days) you can always LEVERAGE IT UP. remember.. NEVER EVER take a winner. Only winners do that. Be keen in taking your losers quickly though. Don't want to lose your losing position now.

#24     Aug 10, 2009