Position Size Disaster Stories

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by Bond-Speculator, Nov 9, 2006.

All of my trading decisions in 30yr Bond or 10yr Note Futures are based on:

1. Fundamental analysis of US and global economic conditions

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Fundamental analysis of US economic conditions (i dont' really look at things going on outside of th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Soft Technical Analysis (support resistance, moving averages, etc... basic stuff)

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Hard Technical Analysis (ADX, ATR, CCI, CMF, PPO, ROC, MACD, MFI, OBV, PVO, PPO, ROC, RSI, elliott w

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Both Options 1, and 3

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  6. Both Options 2, and 3

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  7. Option 1, and 4

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. Option 2, and 4

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  9. Gut feeling........i don't look at anything but intraday momentum

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  10. I'd rather not vote on this poll because I am not a successful trader

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Would love to hear from people who have had horrendous (or even wonderful) experiences trading size in the US 10-year Note or US 30-year Bond Futures.

what size did you trade?

what was the size of your account?

what lessons have you learned about size in futures trading?

If you have actually been successful trading an account on an overleveraged basis, please post your experience here as well. How long have you been trading crazy size relative to your account balance and what has been the worst drawdown you've had? How long have you lasted and how long do you expect to last at the current size/balance ratio?

Thanks

2. u smell of the guy that got hurt tradin' too many lots in the 30yr. infact your story is exactly the same, not that there's somthin' wrong with it, but why the new nick[?]

3. My story? and what story is that? Honestly I don't know what you are talking about......I've read the story on here about a guy who nearly blew his account out. I nearly blew my account out but that was many years ago back in the 90s.