% Poseurs on ET?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Thunderdog, Oct 15, 2005.

What % of ET members do you think are poseurs?

1. 0% - 25%

5 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. 26% - 50%

14 vote(s)
    15.7%
  3. 51% - 75%

20 vote(s)
    22.5%
  4. 76% - 95% (note my optimistic limit)

50 vote(s)
    56.2%
  1. Posting is akin to asking people their opinions or what they do for a living, it reveals enough to know if they're worth your time.

#21     Oct 17, 2005
  2. hence i have you on double secret ignore

#22     Oct 17, 2005
  3. Why not use your main screenname? I could use a good laugh.

Can I assume your part of the "housing market is crashing" crowd? :p

#23     Oct 17, 2005
  4. When I read this it reminded me of a quote from Hoyne,

"The right study of speculation and markets is the study of man engaged in a highly concentrated form of his most natural activity in modern life- the chase after dollars. It shows him stripped to what he was before ever he put on a suit of evening clothes; it shows him proud as Lucifer and humble as Lazarus within the hour; it shows him pompous, presumptious, untrustworthy, self-deceiving, dishonest, politic, lying, tactful, overbearing, truckling, bootlicking, envious, obsequious, mean, grasping, benevolent, kind and good."

erie

#24     Oct 17, 2005
  5. What about those posers that spell poser p-o-s-e-u-r? Can't stand those people. :)

I agree with you T-dog. I can't even read the main Trading page anymore - it's just too much work wading through all the carp.

I don't what this FxScalPer character is doing posting on this thread when he's one of the major offenders. (Don't bother replying to me dude, I won't see it.)

#25     Oct 21, 2005
  6. They both have the same meaning. Look it up - poseur is actually more applicable in this case (a poser is one who poses - say in an artisitc sense or a modeling sense).

Oh, BTW, I have nothing better to do with my time than argue grammer on a Saturday afternoon...

Mike

#26     Oct 22, 2005