Portfolios (S&P500, Nasdaq100, DAX, US Stocks)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Duarte, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Duarte

Duarte

I saw that the "U.S. Stock Portfolio" has an emergency stop wrong. Not updated the emergency stop of DCT, and still appears the emergency stop of NCT (7.58), it was already closed. As nobody noticed, I see that nobody is paying enough attention. :)

#31     Sep 18, 2012
  2. Duarte

Duarte

Two additional tips to review before investing in a leveraged ETF

1. Decide first on the amount of leverage that is appropriate from 1x to 3x.

2. Before placing a trade, confirm the ticker. As this products have similar ticker between long and short version, double checking will prevent errors.

#32     Sep 19, 2012
  3. Duarte

Duarte

As I have described, I observe the market direction in the indexes *, determine my market posture and I act in concert with the market direction. I think this is already assimilated by those who followed the portfolios until this point.

* Observe market direction in index or in ETF is the same thing, because the purpose of the ETF is to replicate the index.

On 09/04/2012 I observed the market direction through the ACWI (MSCI All Country World Index ETF) and later returned to do the same.

I not talked about ACWI, but from the description it is clear that is an ETF world.

When I analyze the global market, I use often this ETF.The ACWI is constituted by a large number of United States stocks (46.28%), UK stocks (8.25%), Germany stocks (3.14%) and stocks of various other countries.

Read about the ACWI: http://us.ishares.com/product_info/fund/overview/ACWI.htm

When my market posture is bullish in ACWI that means, almost always, bullish also in the United States and Germany.

Now that I clarified better this part. I thought it might be interesting to create a portfolio for my market posture and I did it. The market posture is the key piece of gear that makes portfolios to move.

[​IMG]

#33     Sep 19, 2012
  4. Duarte

Duarte

I think it's time to buy again SIRI, responded well to the MA (50).
    I´ll sell DCT and buy SIRI with emergency stop at 2,32.

#34     Sep 19, 2012
  5. Duarte

Duarte

UPDATE

[​IMG]

#35     Sep 20, 2012
  6. Duarte

Duarte

#36     Sep 21, 2012
  7. Duarte

Duarte

I expect that overall market continues to go up, as long as the ACWI (MSCI All Country World Index Fund) continues to close above the previous low 47,20 and key support. If close daily below 47, 20, I consider the possibility of exit.

[​IMG]

#37     Sep 22, 2012
  8. Duarte

Duarte

The ACWI reached the previous low.
    It is still too early to know if this is simply a few days of selling or the beginning of a deeper correction but I'll put the emergency stop closer to the current price in all ETFs and stocks.

ISHARES DAX (DE) (EXS1) ETF with emergency stop at 65,74

#38     Sep 26, 2012
  9. Duarte

Duarte

Emergency stop alert:

I´ll update the emergency stop

ISHARES DAX (DE) (EXS1) ETF with emergency stop at 65,74
    S&P 500 SPDRs (SPY) ETF with emergency stop at 144,10
    ProSharesUltra S&P 500 Fund (SSO) ETF with emergency stop at 61,47
    ProSharesUltraPro S&P 500 (UPRO) ETF with emergency stop at 90,81
    ProShares QQQ Trust (QQQ) ETF with emergency stop at 68,76
    ProSharesUltra QQQ Fund (QLD) ETF with emergency stop at 61,11
    ProSharesUltraPro QQQ (TQQQ) ETF with emergency stop at 61,21

Rentech, Inc. (RTK) with emergency stop at 2,55
    Wilshire State Bank (WIBC) with emergency stop at 6,38
    8X8 INC (EGHT) with emergency stop at 6,69
    ING GROEP NV (ING) with emergency stop at 8,32
    Sirius XM Radio Inc (SIRI) with emergency stop at 2,46

#39     Sep 26, 2012
  10. Duarte

Duarte

The US Stock Portfolio has no open positions at this moment.
    The five trades have reached the emergency stop.

[​IMG]

#40     Sep 26, 2012