Portfolio/trading analysis software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by droskill, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

You must remember there community seems strong , but I don't think it's only the software . I think it has to do with the fact they had a on-line community before they even had the software.

Yes we do offer a 30 day money back policy less shipping and handling as long as you do not register the software.

#11     Jul 16, 2006
  2. taowave

taowave

George,it appears you enjoy belittling other peoples efforts as its not the first time you have ranted on for no apparant reason.I dont know what your agenda is,but it is getting old and increasingly apparant as to your motives

I have friends who use Blox as well as TradersStudio,and they are very complimentary towards both.I personally use Traders Studio and am quite pleased with the product an certainlydont feel compelled to bash other products....

George,keep in mind that what goes around comes around

#12     Jul 17, 2006
  3. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Here was one of my issues, Trading Blox has built in system you can't alter, my guess is they run faster because they are compiled into the program . I am being careful we are comparing apples apples. If you write a system in C++ as a addin for studio , it runs, 3-10 times faster then TradersStudio basic depending on the complexity of the script and it still works just like any other system in TraderStudio. You simply go to the addin manager and add it. After that you can create a simple system rapper

Sub MyFastSystem(Slen,LLen)
    MyFastCPlusCode(Slen,LLen)
    End Sub

I did not want to fall into the trap that Blox for the Turtle System versus my Turtle System was 5 times faster because they are using the built in one, when my Turtle system as a C++ Addin might be just as fast.

We plan to have a compiler for scripts by the end of 2006.

#13     Jul 18, 2006
  4. That would make sense if it were true but based on my reading of the article in the July Futures :D issue, it is not . According to that review, the Builder version lets you change systems or create new ones.

You can read their manual online where they even have the source for the Turtle System at:

http://www.tradingblox.net/Manuals/UsersGuideHTML/index.html?turtlesystem.htm

(see the bottom of the page for the source)

So you can see that the Turtle System is in fact written in a Basic type language not C++, and appears to me that this would be changeable using the Blox Editor I saw in the Futures magazine article. So unless they went to the trouble of writing a bogus manual and review to fool us, it appears to me that any speed comparisons would indeed be an apples to apples comparison.

#14     Jul 18, 2006
  5. taowave

taowave

Good old George....If I may quote you

"When Traders Studio goes realtime I'll probably buy it if it is fast enough and see if it can do what I want, otherwise I'll have to keep using my stuff and wait until Trading Blox or some other product can do what I want"

So let me see if I get this straight...You dont own Trading Blox...You dont own TradersStudio...Yet you insist on making speed comparisons based off what a mythical friend of a friend,or some software review...

George,before you discredit yourself any further,perhaps you may want to focus on your paper trading and see if trading is really for you....

Dude,get a life and do yourself a big favor and dont quit your day time job.It sure beats staying up late at night and comparing 2 trading softwares that you have never ever used

#15     Jul 18, 2006
  6. I don't think you have been reading very well. The whole point is that I don't own either one and am trying to see if I should buy one of them. Perhaps you should go back to English class and after that you can reread the beginning of this thread where you'll find droskill trying to ask about two products he doesn't own either.

I'm interested in replacing my own C++ code which I'm tired of maintaining, so like others I'm interested in new platforms that can do portfolio level analysis and have a programming environment that is higher level than C++.

TradersStudio will fit the bill when it has realtime data support IF it is fast enough . Unfortunately, I have heard it is slow. I'm just trying to see if this problem has been addressed or if it still exists.

Instead of responding by saying: "It is fast, or fast enough, a test XXX takes XX:XX minutes," you insist on insulting me. Why the great need to defend them with insults instead of hard data? Do you work for TradersStudio?

I try to get a straight answer from Murray and I don't get one, instead he gives me reasons he can't answer and incorrect statements about the competition. It makes me wonder: "Is he hiding something"? Unless I get a concrete answer, I'm going to assume the problem still exists.

#16     Jul 19, 2006
  7. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

George Arnault

You know I am really sick of this. I did not want to do this because I have a lot of respect for Curtis who I know is not involved in these childish games.
    You have a really funny trading history, which I had my staff research.

1) You where one of TurtleTradingSoftwares.com (TradingBlox) first forum members.
    You posted such great lines as

Welcome Sabrinian. Is 100 members a lot? This seems like a pretty active forum for only 100 people.

What make this funnier is that this was your last post in Turtle Trading, and you have not posted again in three years, after the site had more than 100 members and you did not need post to move things along you went away. You had 16 post in the early first few weeks and then you disappeared

Now Trading Blox has a competitor, my product is 1/6 the price and just as powerful, and has better charts and your back , but now on elite trader, defending trading blox, just like Superman returns. Also your posts almost always, attack my creditability and once again there is only a few of them.

Here is another funny, the address given on the Trading Blox forum for you is only a few miles from Trading Blox office.

I am not saying your Trading Blox , but this looks really funny.

PS, the Trading Blox Demo , is not longer available we checked last night where it was available a week or so ago, now with this speed comparision issue it is gone from links where it had been available for months.

#17     Jul 19, 2006
  8. Okay Murray, yes I was one of the orignal posters there, I posted on traderclub.com for many years before that under various names and was actively trying to get a replacement forum going, as were many others. So I posted a few rhetorical questions as a newbie, so what? I think you'll find many active posts by other tradeclub members when the forum first started. The post you mention, in particular, was a response to a posting by one of the moderator's, another well-respected former traderclub poster "Sir G".

As far as being 2 miles away, I wasn't aware of that. I thought they were in the Virgin Islands?

I have posted here in times past but always end up stopping as I find too often people resort to childish insults instead of dialogue. So I forgot my other login name and reused one of my alter egos from the past.

I have enjoyed the other forum so I want to make sure they get a fair shot; but I don't think I've been defending them so much as trying to verify your claims and finding them to be a bit unfair. Perhaps it is the engineer in me, but I have a strong need to correct errors, and a desire for fairness. Perhaps I also have an aversion to sales tactics.

#18     Jul 19, 2006
  9. taowave

taowave

George,i have no problem reading....Its you who have the problem of not being clever enough to hide your hidden agenda..

You like Blox??
    Step up to the plate and shell out the $3,000....
    That wont do it for you??
    Step up to the plate and spend $25,000 on Mechanica....
    They are both fine products

Do I work for Traders Studio??Absolutely not,nor do I have any affiliation in any way shape or form with the company.And unlike you,I actually bought Traders Studio and am quite content with the system and the fact that I spent $500....

#19     Jul 19, 2006
  10. Me too. I'm still reading the documentation and getting used to the VB-like language. Bought the Report Day database addin and have been playing around with that. I'm just grateful that someone came up with an inexpensive platform for system design and testing. I've been looking for something like this to take the place of TradeStation 2000i.

#20     Jul 19, 2006