Portfolio Margining & Account Minimums

Discussion in 'Options' started by meir13, Jun 17, 2008.

1. #11     Jun 18, 2008
  2. meir13

meir13

Luckly for someone who like to stay with PB account on very safe side there is option. Charles Schwab do offer PB account at the moment for US based clients only.This might change in upcoming months. 1M minimum. No PM offered.:mad:

#12     Jun 23, 2008
  3. meir13

meir13

BTW LEH PB account via third party B/D 1M

#13     Jun 24, 2008
  4. What are typical per share fees for a tier 1 brokerage PB account? I understand fees are always depending on trading volume but would love to get an idea how per share fees stack up to Interactive Brokers' bundled and unbundled fees.

#14     Jun 24, 2008
  5. meir13

meir13

Just to give an idea. The best rate I have got on clearing with GSEC trading with REDI+ was 0.0035 per share + you all the fees, no minimum per trade. But bear in mind that I was looking for options trading, so I didnt promised too much of equity trading. Subject to 1 M account and 2.5K commission a month. About the same you can get with Merrill.

But standard rate starts 1-1.5 penny per share. That includes access to the dark pools, but not all algos.

#15     Jun 24, 2008
  6. TYtrader

TYtrader

Not trying to deviate too much from the topic of PB, but how many people are actually using porfolio margin accounts? Tehre was a lot of enthusiasm about it, but i'm hearing it's not really affecting many of the regular brokers as most people already had suffecient equity in their accounts as it was before the rules changed

#16     Jun 26, 2008
  7. meir13

meir13

I believe for options trading it has advantage. Don´t forget that only other way around is to have JBO. Or you are have borrow buying power from clearing firm. With PM you are fully covered by SIPC and account is only yours. Also you are not subject of US tax on your trading profits, if you are offshore investor. So no K-1 and all partnership or profit sharing stuff.

#17     Jun 26, 2008
  8. meir13

meir13

BTW There is way to do PM with GSEC on regular account from 500K and on PB account from 1M. Third party B/D involved.

#18     Jun 26, 2008