Portfolio Margin w/ TD Ameritrade - Review Test

Discussion in 'Options' started by DFitzg335, Jun 12, 2021.

1. DFitzg335

DFitzg335

Hey all,
    I'm looking at getting PM mostly for equities purchases, so I'll admit I'm not an expert on options. Unfortunately TDA requires me to take a higher-level options test for PM, even though I'm not really going to trade options.
    Would anybody be able to review my test and let me know which answers are incorrect? I've spent a while watching videos and looking around this site, but don't feel confident that I have an 80% passing score. I believe if I fail, then I need to wait for 3-6 months before I can take it again. Thank you!!

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. samuel11

samuel11

5. It's 2.5 since the Delta is .50
    7. .53

DFitzg335 likes this.
  3. You should look into selling options spreads with portfolio margin as your next step in your journey. Might protect you from yourself. 16/20 is passing I think you'll do fine. Also Google this stuff it's easy.

DFitzg335 likes this.
  4. %%
    Sounds like you got it 100% right.
    AS far as trading any kind of derivatives , that's another thread topic.
    Some tests are open book+ some are not...........................................................

DFitzg335 likes this.
  5. DFitzg335

DFitzg335

Thank you for your time and input. Much appreciated!

I've struggled with options, so the last thing I want to do is blow up my account with options. Even with equities, I'm going to tiptoe around with my PM. Some day I'd like to dabble in options, but it will take me a while to get there.