Portfolio Margin at ThinkorSwim

Discussion in 'Options' started by opt789, Jun 14, 2007.

1. five wrong..number 8 I choose c.. hey opt 789 what are the answers this is ridiculous..reminds me of college and I was a finance major

#41     Jul 25, 2007
  2. :mad:

#42     Jul 25, 2007
  3. opt789

opt789

Uh not really sure that is appropriate. You have never posted before. Mind if I ask who you are, generally speaking: how much $, experience, knowledge of the OCC's TIMS haircut system, etc?

#43     Jul 25, 2007
  4. Does anybody know the amswer to these asinine guestions..you got to be a professor to answer them

#44     Jul 25, 2007
  5. Well you did offer to answer in a previous post..I have 25 years experience in trading stocks and options but my option activity got caught short after I got divorced so I am a little rusty but so far I have made money and I made a lot of money trading stocks..I also own a mortgage company so my time for studying the fine points of this stuff is limited..I am in sunny and hot Boca Raton Florida ..where are messaging from opt

#45     Jul 25, 2007
  6. Well I am a newbie to this board but you got to start somewhere..I recently discovered TOS and I am moving my main account from Success Trades

#46     Jul 25, 2007
  7. opt789

opt789

TOS is very good for a retail broker. I just want to make sure you understand the leverage provided by Portfolio Margin. It can be extremely dangerous if you don't know what you are getting into. Your margin will be calculated in a very arcane way by the OCC and it can change dramatically from day to day for seemingly no apparent reason depending on what position you have. I think most people agree the test is stupid, I will send you a p.m.

#47     Jul 25, 2007
  8. Everything you need to know about these subjects

#48     Jul 25, 2007
  9. Appreciate it..Its risky granted but it is like going back to the good old days before people abused the system and put us to nothing margining

#49     Jul 25, 2007
  10. How do you get those private messages..send the message to my email address rfolgate@gmail.com...

#50     Jul 25, 2007