Portfolio Margin at ThinkorSwim

Discussion in 'Options' started by opt789, Jun 14, 2007.

1. opt789

opt789

I asked a few days ago and was told they are currently testing it and it should be any day now. I am not holding my breath, but I am hoping it will be soon.

#21     Jul 5, 2007
  2. They do what they do very well, options. The last thing we need is more anklebiters mucking up the phone lines even though i trade at pipes :D Adding options on e-mini futures and adding crude futures is long overdue. I don't like the new forex setup giving up pips and tos is not a great place for futures.

You can always trade at IB :D :D :D LMAO My side hurts from laughing.

ToS customers having PM questions should contact the trade desk or use Live Support--you know the number. They don't bite. Very special place and people.

Cheers

#22     Jul 5, 2007
  3. TOS seems to be backing away from any imminent roll-out of Portfolio Margining.

The word I hear now is "hopefully within the next quarter."

#23     Jul 16, 2007
  4. opt789

opt789

Really, whom did you speak with?
    I just talked to a higher up today and he said they have a couple people on it now testing it and that I would have it soon, within a few weeks. He also confirmed that they will take a reasonable hands-on approach dealing with PM and their customers, so there should not be cases of them taking over your account if something is out of line one day like IB. I am not trying to talk down IB's approach; they simply want to make it as efficient and computer driven as possible while TOS is willing to spend the time to work with their customers.

#24     Jul 16, 2007
  5. I got that exact response from one of the "press 4 for account-related questions" people, no one in management.

Waiting for an email response from a higher-up.

#25     Jul 16, 2007
  6. There are traders already using PM at ToS. If you listen to what the operators said you would know that ToS is still in the early stages as are most firms in offering PM across the board to qualifying customers. ToS has stated that they will tread lightly until all the kinks are worked out. However long that takes no one can answer at this point. If you are an accredited long-standing ToS customer you'd have PM too by just asking one of the co-founders to set you up. Private message me if you need an email address.

I imagine the next platform release to coincide with PM for most customers who qualify.

Cheers

#26     Jul 16, 2007
  7. yes, you're right. it must be my inability to listen during a telephone conversation.

my mistake.

#27     Jul 16, 2007
  8. Well then, PM should be the least of your concerns. :D

Cheers

#28     Jul 16, 2007
  9. Tuesday, July 24, at 4:00am CDT, we will release version #927. New features include:

Portfolio Margining - Portfolio-based index cross margining to supplement portfolio margined accounts has now been added to the TOS desktop for accounts that qualify.

#29     Jul 23, 2007
  10. I almost e-mailed to request for PM .....BUT....I'm a little unclear about the minimum $37.5 contract charge. Right now I'm at .95 per contract minimum 20 per side/leg so that would almost double my commission charges per trade. I'm not really comfortable trading over 20 contracts at this time, so would having PM be enough to offset the extra charge? I wonder if they will give our paper accounts PM :D

#30     Jul 23, 2007