Port places Best Buy on his conviction dump list

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Port1385, Apr 14, 2009.

1. NYC212

NYC212

what is the target price for the downgrade?

#11     Apr 14, 2009
  2. I have been told in the past that they only match local area prices. But I was talking to a guy there about upgrading the ram on my laptop and how much cheaper I found it at memory.com and he said to talk to him when I want to buy the ram and he will match the price.

When I was buying the printer the first guy I talked to said only area prices(other big box stores, ex: Costco, Walmart, Target etc). I then was just continuing to shop and started talking to another kid and bs'ing and I mentioned that Amazon had it for $129 and he then went online and saw it and said he would do it for $129. He was no manager or anything so I think it can be done again IF you work it right and establish a good rapport with an employee.
    He said they won't do it with some fly by night discounter but they will do it for Amazon (which is the cheapest anyway)
    So check Amazon prices they are usually the cheapest anyway.
    Mention Amazon when you are ready to buy and see what they say.
    You may have to haggle a bit to get it but I think it can be done again.

#12     Apr 14, 2009
  3. That is probably because you either have poor negotiating skills or where a douchebag and the guy thought, "screw this guy he ain't gettin shit".

They will always match Walmart or Target or Circuit City(when they were around) they have been doing that for forever no questions asked.
    It just worked for me even an online price. They just matched the Lowest price I could find ONLINE.

#13     Apr 14, 2009
  4. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#14     Apr 15, 2009