Port Authority employee earns more than $166,000 in overtime pay

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Stok, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Stok

Stok

2. "He's on track to earn more than $280,000 in 2012," one anonymous Port Authority official told the Post.

I should never have gone into private industry.

Lucrative Iron rice bowl. Why not?

3. Ricter

Ricter

While this overtime is an egregious waste, you still would have had to do the overtime to get the pay.

4. Stok

Stok

True...but his base is $107k! And that overtime pay is negotiated by the unions, which elect democrats to give them FAT pay and FAT pensions. So, the unions rape the public treasury of NYC, and the dem's keep getting votes to stay in power.

Every seen the movie : "Escape from New York" ? It's coming back, but in real life.

5. When Romney becomes President , all police officers will work from 9 to 5 , and the country will save millions in overtime pay money.
    Either that or he will make them work overtime for free.

6. Actually that's not that much considering he makes about 40 bucks an hour. About 30 hours of O.T. per week get's him to 166K, and that's at time and a half only. He probably get's DT on Sunday. If he's actually on the job for all those hours he's earning his money.

7. Stok

Stok

What a typical stupid liberal remark.

How about we quit letting the public sector unions rape the private tax payer and the city? How does that sounds? Since public sector pension obligations are at $4T. Yes T, for trillion.

Also, lets stop the criminal actions of unions and democrats blowing each other.

8. Ricter

Ricter

Unions, as they are comprised of people, will be unethical and immoral at times, without a doubt. Look no further than the ad hoc union of the Koch brothers, Rove, and Adelson ("I'm against very wealthy people attempting to or influencing elections, but as long as it's doable I'm going to do it.")

9. JamesL

JamesL

10. Public workers would argue , they're also entitled to live the American Dream, and besides that, they also pay taxes.:).

#10     Jun 20, 2012