Popular Technical Indicators for Day Trading

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by ppy93, Nov 18, 2022.

1. ppy93

ppy93

Please correct me if I am wrong. IMO, some indicators are meaningful because professional traders and bots use them so that synchronized buying/selling occurs for certain stocks.

By saying day trading, I mean opening and closing positions on the same day between 9:30AM and 4PM. The following are the technical indicators that I find helpful.

#1 VWAP
    #2 30-minute RSI5
    #3 1-hour BB14 (BB=bollinger band)

I am curious to try MACD/RSI divergence as described in the following youtube video.

What are the some of the indicators that are helpful for your day trading? Free free to reply and share yours.

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

if your trade last longer than 5 minutes your an investor not a day trader.

so what is slow ass indicators going to do for you?

KCalhoun, Leob and wartrace like this.
  3. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

[​IMG]

toucan, jtrader33, tomkat22 and 5 others like this.
  4. Firstly read the price, indicators will never give you money if you are not having the knowledge of price behavior.
    Indicators just give you an additional confirmation if you know the price action.
    Don't get dependent on indicators.
    It varies from person to person ,
    Some uses RSI ,
    Some uses VWAP,
    Some uses Moving Average,
    Some uses Bollinger Bands,
    Some uses combined indicators,
    Some are price action traders ,

you need to practice on these indicators then you will come to know which one is perfect for you .

KCalhoun likes this.
  5. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

Then try it :thumbsup:
    Do what works for you.

Don't use something because it's popular.
    Or because the "professional" use it.

There is no secret sauce.
    It's all BS marketing.

If the OHLC isn't speaking by itself,
    Then it's not worth listening to it.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
    murray t turtle and MarkBrown like this.
  6. %%
    Open price\
    closing prices. I like a PSAR[parabolic stop + reverse, but really cant say it helps much, unless you get a rocket type trend like SLV or silver shooting for $50 +/LOL]
    I do some day trading on cash metals between 8+ 5 pm, CST;
    but its mostly selling to a dealer then + i work it more than those hours.........................................................................................

Rams Fan likes this.
  7. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

I routinely do 80+ daytrades daily; all that matters is the tape..... price action time & sales.

Squiggly lines like vwap rsi macd are worthless for intraday trades.

8. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

agreed - what you say is so very true in the context of how i now trade at least.

i started trading the sp when it's price was 190 so i have seen some things. i started out buying spike downs on the opening all by feel. i have done everything in between to get back to price action only, most my trades last less than 4 seconds. trades lasting longer than that just give me grief, this is extreme daytrading and any smoothed technical techniques are likely to be to slow to be useful.

VSTscalper and KCalhoun like this.
  9. themickey

themickey

Wow! That short a timeframe? :)

murray t turtle and USDJPY like this.
  10. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

range bars i believe that time constraints on data is a bad thing.

1 hour trading today from 8:30 to 9:30 E-Mini SP

[​IMG]

because all automated trading platforms fall flat on their face i have to trade this manually using a mapped game controller. it works but wears you out that's why i trade one hour in the morning. choppy market trading only it ignores any trends, you can see the runs it ignores.

if i trade outside the opening hour i get chopped up.

[​IMG]

this shit is work man, i would rather be winter diving for gold in alaska than manually trading.

#10     Nov 18, 2022
    KCalhoun, themickey and VSTscalper like this.