Popular FX site hacked

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by pcvix, Apr 18, 2007.

1. That was a good one. Might have to use that as wallpaper on my MAC. LOL.

BTW I dont mind being called a NOBODY. Like Al Pacino Said in Devils Advocate... Stay small, and they never see you coming. LOL....

#21     Apr 18, 2007
  2. I took a day off, and am restless (wife is out of town this week. LOL) so....

I found this one and thought it was quaint....

#22     Apr 18, 2007
  3. Ya know, all this talk about which platform is safer, etc got me wondering.

It seems like Winblows is far more susceptible to virus infections than any other operating system. But maybe it's simply the most targeted OS due to its ubiquity. Maybe Macs and Linux based systems are less susceptible, not because they're "better" or "safer" but only because no one bothers writing viruses to infect them.

#23     Apr 18, 2007
  4. GTS

GTS

No doubt that UNIX based OS's have less interest from attackers but another reason why they tend to have less problems is that the average person using UNIX-based OS's is a heck of a lot more knowledgable then the average Windows user.

If the same population who own Windows PC's today switched to UNIX instead I have no doubt that we would see a lot more unpatched, misconfigured UNIX machines on the net.

Right now the vast majority of people running *NIX machines are technically savvy.

#24     Apr 18, 2007
  5. Interesting....

So why not use a platform that will do the job, that no one cares to hack??? It's amazing to me the backwards logic. LOL.

#25     Apr 18, 2007
  6. wwx

wwx

If only we can trade the "trend" in this thread... :)

#26     Apr 18, 2007
  7. LOL

#27     Apr 18, 2007