Popular FX site hacked

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by pcvix, Apr 18, 2007.

1. notouch

notouch

Relax people, it just takes a bit of common sense. No one with windows auto updates turned on or running anti-virus software would have been at all affected.

#11     Apr 18, 2007
  2. I'll piggyback off of this one. I have to keep up to date with OS X as well. Everytime they release a software update, I am right there. Everytime they release a security update, I am right there. Even my Parallels bound iteration of XP is regularly kept up to date with all the Software updates, etc...

If you like headaches, dont take care of what you have.

#12     Apr 18, 2007
  3. notouch

notouch

Well, only 2% of computer users care about macs...

More importantly I have to say it doesn't really reflect well on forexfactory that they can't secure their own website. This wasn't some big "hack" it was some trojan kiddie exploiting their failure to keep their server software up to date and properly configured.

#13     Apr 18, 2007
  4. Apples Mac market share is up over 6% these days....

Agreed

#14     Apr 18, 2007
  5. Bingo.

#15     Apr 18, 2007
  6. One of these years you'll finally break the double-digit barrier. ;) Go, Steve, go!

#16     Apr 18, 2007
  7. notouch

notouch

Maybe 6% in America but about 2% in the rest of the world.

#17     Apr 18, 2007
  8. ROFL. That was funny.

I don't think market share really matters to us Apple pundits. (maybe some of the obsessed fanatics) We just like the software and the computer. My family is all macs. By choice. I never told my wife which way to go. She has a company issued PC laptop and her iMac. She hates her PC, and loves her iMac. I don't care what she wants. I'll spend it either way for her. But she likes my side of the fence. (of course oneness in every aspect of marriage is important. LOL)

--- This is hijacking. LOL. -

#18     Apr 18, 2007
  9. Perhaps. LOL. But who really cares. I was only responding to his statement. So long as they keep putting out GREAT product that everyone else copies. LOL. I am sure the iPhone will be severly bastardized.... Cant wait to get mine. :)

Though Japans numbers are in the 6% range as well.

#19     Apr 18, 2007
  10. notouch

notouch

[​IMG]

#20     Apr 18, 2007