Popular daytrading account size

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Evermore2017, May 17, 2020.

1. SanMiguel

SanMiguel

Do not, I repeat do not start with a 100k if you have no idea what you are doing, which you don't because you are asking the question. You will shit all of it down the toilet.

#31     May 17, 2020
    lovethetrade and d08 like this.
  2. schizo

schizo

If you have a solid trading strategy and you're not too greedy, I believe $20,000 is enough.

#32     May 17, 2020
  3. deaddog

deaddog

What kind of return should you realistically expect with a 20K account?

#33     May 18, 2020
  4. It’s Not the Size That Matters, It’s How You Use It

#34     May 18, 2020
    beginner66 and luckyfnlou like this.
  5. schizo

schizo

If I were trading $20K, I would go for 1% or $200/day (or $4000/mo). I think that's quite doable. Unfortunately, people are far too greedy and they believe, with all their intellect and educational background, they believe they can outwit the system. Well, you know how that usually ends. Stay humble and the market will reward you. Otherwise, you'll find the hard way. But I digress.

#35     May 18, 2020
    lovethetrade and Evermore2017 like this.
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

Learn learn to trade mini futures then $500 will get you started, increase when profitable for a few months.

#36     May 18, 2020
    virtusa likes this.
  7. wibawana

wibawana

Big money they spend is to hold the position in volatile market move, a day is 24 hour and the market can move very sharp dip and get back so quickly. This will affect our psychology if the price is moving different direction than we choose.

#37     May 18, 2020
  8. deaddog

deaddog

That's fantastic. 240% return a year. Glad to hear it is doable. I'm happy with just under 2% a month.

#38     May 18, 2020
    luckyfnlou likes this.
  9. 2% a month... that's more my speed!

Thank you Hafez for sharing your 90s blow up. I had mine in 2009 when I thought I was ready to switch from swing trading stocks to day trading options. So what's the best options to start trading on... TZA of course. I'll wait while you finish laughing...

Yea, that was a great way to learn how to not trade options! Seems so long ago.

#39     May 19, 2020
  10. virtusa

virtusa

I know several persons that started poor ( not in trading) and are now rich. So it is even for you possible.

PS:I know however more people that are still poor...

#40     May 21, 2020
    Laissez Faire and Fx-Game like this.