Pope: "There is no Hell"

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by vanzandt, Mar 29, 2018.

1. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

I believe the alternative Tomorton would love to see and for sure, I would love - is to have no dishonest lawyers. Good to see this way that it is on the way already in Australia, UK, Israel, where for small cases one can act by simply feeling the forms. Most of the lawyers, most of them, are real evil of the world juridical system. Together with most of politics, sharing same "great qualities" - ego, dishonesty, irresponsibility.

#21     May 23, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Humpy

Humpy

The only hell can be on earth.
    The Pope lives in a luxury palace with lots of flunkeys, the food he likes most etc. He has no problems.
    A lot of that money raised to pay for his life of ease could be better spent on the poor and needy.
    Let the clergy live by what they preach to be appreciated. Hairshirts and good works etc

#22     May 26, 2018
    Sprout and CSEtrader like this.
  3. Probably explains all the years of covering for the pedo priests.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/pennsylvania-releases-damning-report-catholic-184756036.html
    Pennsylvania’s attorney general released on Tuesday the long-awaited results of a damning grand jury investigation into how six Roman Catholic dioceses in the state covered up sexual abuse by 301 “predator priests” over 70 years.

The 884-page report is the largest, most comprehensive investigation on the church’s sex abuse scandal by a U.S. state, according to Attorney General Josh Shapiro. The grand jury identified over 1,000 victimsin the six dioceses examined in the report: Allentown, Erie, Greensburg, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh and Scranton. But the jurors suspected the real number of victims could be much higher.

Shapiro said the report, which was delayed for months while individuals named in it raised legal challenges over what portions should be redacted, showed that senior church leaders in these dioceses and even at the Vatican knew abuse was occurring but systematically covered it up.

Currently, Pennsylvania law states that adults in their 30s and older who were abused as children can’t sue for damages. Criminal charges can’t be filed after the alleged victim turns 50.

The grand jury had four recommendations moving forward ― removing the criminal statute of limitations, establishing a temporary window for victims older than 30 to sue the dioceses, tightening laws about mandatory reporting, and making sure confidentiality agreements don’t give either party the right to decline to cooperate with criminal investigations.

The church has opposed moves to change the statute of limitations, claiming it would be financially crippling to Pennsylvania’s Catholic schools and parishes. Fifteen U.S. Catholic dioceses or archdioceses have filed for bankruptcy protection because of the clergy sexual abuse crisis, according to the watchdog group BishopAccountability.org.

There may or may not be a hell, but their damn should be criminal charges for these cocksuckers. I don't give a shit how financial crippling it is.

#23     Aug 15, 2018
    Sprout and CSEtrader like this.
  4. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

True, but the current Pop, is deferent. He refused special car, conducing si.ple life asuch as he can, walking sometimes in the night to visit poor and in Italy were serious concerns that he may be killed by clerics who were not happy with his approach and his speeches against wealth concentrated in few hands.
    I do believe that even the fact that outrageous child"s abuse stories are finally getting g public, has something to do with his support to fight this crime.
    My wonder is - what about other congregation's abuses? And out of USA, especially in poor countries?
    And obviously when something really fast will be done to stop it, not fifty years later. But in this very moment....

#24     Aug 16, 2018
  5. %%
    WEll TN + the south had a lot of what many called child abuse-spanking kids. BUT that is not child abuse according to book of Proverbs.The Pope is right on prolife, amen ; wrong on building walls, wrong of Pres Trump building walls, wrong on capitalism, wrong on Bible marriage, wrong on priests getting married, wrong on any pop being infallible.

Dont blame him for for all the priests , however.:cool::cool:

#25     Aug 17, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  6. As you brought him up. Trump attended and hosted pedophile parties in the 80s & 90s. His 'one stop' parties were famous and stocked with very underage Eastern European girls. Even excluding his own comments, Jefferey Epstein connections.. there is a lot to be worried about in Trump's past.

Strange how there is such a blindspot for this among those who bring up the bible.

A complete absence of any urge to investigate even if it may be true. If a neighbor was suspected of such your average dad or mom would be relentless. Make it a little more distant and it is somebody else's problem.

Many American 'Christians' better hope there is no hell.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    #26     Aug 17, 2018
    Sprout, CSEtrader and murray t turtle like this.
  7. %%
    That sounds like Clintons corruption. A lady in a Baptist Bible church said Hilary Clinton [nickname Hildabeast]can get by with anything. I told her ''not really, the longer the LACK OF REPENTANCE, the more severe the punishment . I settled of court/ got saved @ seven. Many people that voted for Pres Trump are afraid to even quote;US Senator R Paul remarked with a rebuke-''a tariff is tax'':cool::cool:

#27     Aug 17, 2018
  8. Baptists.. sprinkle vs dunk.. Every one I've met is a bit of a muppet though there is such a broad range. Like this guy who thinks the guys in the early Catholic church did not understand Greek.. :) I'd stop the lecture and break his fingers until he admitted that is stupid.

Confident and really dumb seems a common trait.

#28     Aug 17, 2018
    Sprout and murray t turtle like this.
  9. %%
    The reason they dunk is manifold; mainly its a pic of the death burial + resurrection of Jesus Christ.Sorry you had such a small sample on the muppets.........:cool::cool:

#29     Aug 17, 2018
  10. Humpy

Humpy

The Catholic church has had a very lurid past committing just about every sin possible. At present it is very very slow to update itself or it's behaviour. Only in recent years has the child abuse scandal become public knowledge.
    Just another bunch of hypocrits usually although some good works have been accomplished too.

#30     Aug 18, 2018