Pope: "There is no Hell"

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by vanzandt, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Reportedly. Assumed. Perhaps. Maybe.
    Well it speaks against the catholic church that it cannot publicly clarify its stance. But I don't believe in an atheist claiming this and that in an attack against Christianity or at least the catholic church without any factual backup. It's the words of a person making a wild claim. I am Christian, not catholic and I firmly believe that someone who believes in eternal life must believe in the existence of an eternal hell. But then the Catholic church has cherry picked through its entire existence like it has with its stance on homosexuality, birth control, absolution for sale, child molest. Yet, such accusation as posed in that article better be backed up by facts. All else is just the words of a grumpy atheist who had a drink too many.

#11     Apr 12, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Jesus is probably corrupted too

#12     Apr 19, 2018
  3. tomorton

tomorton

There has to be a hell because I just know that's where lawyers go when they die.

#13     Apr 19, 2018
    CSEtrader, Pekelo and murray t turtle like this.
  4. drcha

drcha

It's not entirely the church's fault; I think you have to consider the individual. Without willing believers, there are no churches. And people want to believe weird things: they want magic, instant answers, someone watching over them, someone making sure that their behaviors and those of others will be rewarded or punished in the end. It's an attractive belief that Big Daddy is watching over you and yours. Much more attractive than the truth (the truth being that shit happens, and a lot of the shit isn't "fair").

I have a friend who believes all of it, every word. Some of the time I'd like to snapper out of it, but it also seems shellfish of me.

#14     Apr 23, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  5. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

#15     May 20, 2018
  6. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

I don't believe so, the very concept of anarchy was misinterpreted, abused by the church of laic persons which are politics and bureaucrats. Here Naom Chomsky is explaining it better than I ever could
    Imagine how would be the world if we were kipping only law structure, law enforcement, and from time to time would pull together for construct big hospitals or for instance to perform big science project and the rest would be monitored by single communities?
    And to answer the second concern expressed here above - I firmly believe that each man is a child of Universe and have good inside, it is that he/she was taught to not look inside, to forget little and powerful bell inside which is called conscience. So for those sick individuals, which sadly in centuries always representing a majority, the hell, and paradise are needed. there are very rare exceptions, like Hitler etc. but again if the whole society was filled with love and with values of brotherhood and equality, of helping each other, would he be developed in such a monster. No, I don't believe that by cutting hand you solve the problem, it is by educating the mind and opening heart. For the rest of population let hell to be.

#16     May 20, 2018
    Sprout likes this.
  7. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

That's why we are acting Pro Se.

#17     May 20, 2018
  8. Humpy

Humpy

Many people believe there is a dreadful sickness in the US psyche.
    Why do mass shootings mainly happen in the US ?
    Is it Capitalism at fault ? The increasing competitiveness for children and adults is driving some to despair. Whereas years ago they would take their own lives, now they want to punish their peers too.
    A breakdown in the family ethic and social consciousness as they race to better their neighbour.
    Have more money etc.
    Religion should push HARMONY not selfishness and greed imho.

#18     May 20, 2018
    murray t turtle and CSEtrader like this.
  9. %%
    LOL-play on words.:D:D:D:D
    Anybody arrogant enough to say they know 50%?? Wonder if God could be in the 95% you know nothing about?????

I ran this one by Don Bright /Daytrading Co, not knowing if he would like it or not, DRcha ?? In that day he posted real regular .In all labor there is profit.[Proverbs 14 a.]Yes he liked it; he has seen that pattern many times in his Don Bright Daytrading Co.....,..:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

#19     May 22, 2018
  10. Humpy

Humpy

Know your feelings but consider the alternatives.
    In the ole West it was probably a bullet in the back from the baddie's hired gunman.
    I can just see a " high noon "stand-off with pistols between Trump and Kim.
    Wonder who would win ? I expect Putin would fancy his chances and the publicity of course.

#20     May 23, 2018